Author Topic: My review of the game! Why? because my opinion counts... :)  (Read 1947 times)

Hmm... when I first booted up the game, I thought I was playing tribes 2 again... I guess thats what happens when you use the same engine.

Well anyways, the graphics were what I expected... like tribes 2. The lack of any music or anything was somewhat irriating, since you do spend a good chunk of your time walking... and being pked. The gameplay is like elder scrolls(somewhat) and you go around killing meat cubes... mmm..

When I first spawned into the port town, I had no idea on what to do. No map, no instructions, hell no anything. Getting gold was at first was a pain in the a$$! Then a guy named Tay told me that the swamp was a good place hoard the shiny coins(Thx tay :) :cookie:).

The melee combat was neat but occasionally it was awkward, like when you're fighting an orc, the orc charges at you the whole time, forcing you to backup throughout the whole fight, hell you can't even push him back. Also, touching the enemy damages you. When did you start copying Zelda's combat mechanics?
Shield was basicly useless during melee fights since, you can't push back and the baddies still manage to damage you.

Also, I spent 1k on the steel boradsword and discovering out in horror that it did no more damage than the rusty one! B@stards...

Spells were meh, somewhat challenging to aim. Reminded me of the grenade launcher from tribes.  :cookieMonster:

But I think the fireball needs a bigger splash radius.

Horses should be able to transform back into that box... so everyone else can't steal it.

I realize this is still under development, so thats why I didn't ***** about the lack of a male model, different weapons, a lack of a vagin... er... cheese, etc.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:25:59 PM by Towncivilian »

News: This just in, Immortality's opinion doesn't count!!! Proven by a 10 - 1 vote today.

Please note that all statistics from the AoT news service may be fake and/or made up.

Badspot

• Administrator
Lets try that again folks, this time be civilized.

He's giving his honest views about the game. Why wouldn't his opinion count more than anyone elses? He's giving kind and constructive criticism. We need more people like Immortality around, and less of the needless flamers that have started to occupy this very thread.

wow mocheeze said you were good you are noe jesus

omg, doublepost doublepost! :P

I agree Mocheeze,people should be able to give opinions unless they say it noob-like.
TMC,that post was pointless,you didn't even double post.

What?

Coherent sentences please...