Author Topic: Anyone ever explored beyond the land boundarys?  (Read 2154 times)

Anyone ever explore the deep sea? Way out where you cant see any land?

If you do it will just wrap back to the opposite side of the map, kind of like if AoT was a round world.

AoT
                 _________
                 l             l
                 l---> --->l
                 l             l
                 l________l

The AoT world is flat. If you go on for many, many, many terrain repeats (Probably about 2000, I skied over 300 with some edited skis with no problems), you will fall off the edge. Or at least, it will become impossible for you to even move.

Nice.. SKIS!!!!!!??!?! What skis?

oMg! T3h N00bl@rz!

The map is mapped on a sphere, going far enoughin one direction will cause you to "circumnavigate" the world. Well, at least thats how it works in tribes 2. 

Open your mind Muthaf****!

yes, I just got bored and jumped in a volcano and then killed my self not knowing i have 200gp on me. So thats about it. So yeah

The world isn't mapped like a sphere, otherwise you would come back to the priginal map. Instead of going back to the part of the world with the nice stuff in it, you gointo the part of the world that looks exactly the same without buildings or foliage. Thats how it works in Torque, but you could map it soyou don't go into the repeats of theworld with some tweaks to the engine I presume.

works very uniformly. you just go on for infinity

This game is on the same engine as Blockland. I would assume that if you moved to the location 20000000000 10 10, you would probably see some glitchy terrain in AoT also. Actually, you would probably be spawning in the middle of air. That is beside the point.

The world of AoT is flat... Excpet the planet is infinitely large.

If the terrain goes on. Will the water also go on for ever?

I think the water has a maximum size, on the transform thing. I could never figure out how to get the water to fill the entire map, so I always set water in maps with dimensons like 2048 2048 64.

It would be nice if you could change the repeat box..