Author Topic: I need to spend  (Read 2355 times)

I agree with reactor also. Supreme Commander is fun but somewhat complicated compared to other RTS games.

Supreme Commander is a ripoff of CnC3 except its a total clusterforget.

How is it a rip off of CnC3? The only things it has in common are typical RTS features, none of which are original to the CnC series.

If by clusterforget you mean, a well balanced brew of unique units in huge maps (large enough to actually implement strategies) with a decent number of units, then yes, Supreme Commander is a clusterforget of awesomeness.

What makes SupCom better than other RTS games of it's kind is 1) the shear scale of the game and 2)The fact that you actually have almost complete control over your units. Plenty of different orders, stances, etc to choose from. The queue system is especially useful for base building and controlling factories. The ferry system is a great way to move slower units across the map.

I realize that since you are use to the dumbed down nature of CnC3 it might be a little too much for you, but that's OK.

How is it a rip off of CnC3? The only things it has in common are typical RTS features, none of which are original to the CnC series.

If by clusterforget you mean, a well balanced brew of unique units in huge maps (large enough to actually implement strategies) with a decent number of units, then yes, Supreme Commander is a clusterforget of awesomeness.

What makes SupCom better than other RTS games of it's kind is 1) the shear scale of the game and 2)The fact that you actually have almost complete control over your units. Plenty of different orders, stances, etc to choose from. The queue system is especially useful for base building and controlling factories. The ferry system is a great way to move slower units across the map.

I realize that since you are use to the dumbed down nature of CnC3 it might be a little too much for you, but that's OK.
Maybe because it uses exactly the same style of CnC3 faction-wise? Seriously, look at it. There's the good humans with all the blue/gold looks, GDI. The evil humans with black and red, Nod. And then there's like this unknown people, Scrin.

It may have taken a while to balance, but CnC3 was way better in my opinion.
Don't even loving dare say "yur opinon sux".

That's what you did.

Before you say something stupid:

Maybe because it uses exactly the same style of CnC3 faction-wise? Seriously, look at it. There's the good humans with all the blue/gold looks, GDI. The evil humans with black and red, Nod. And then there's like this unknown people, Scrin.

It may have taken a while to balance, but CnC3 was way better in my opinion.

Yeah, because CnC really was the first to use blue/gold for humans, red/black for evil. Those motifs have been used in books, movies and plenty of video games for centuries. Believe me, CnC is far from original.

At least SupCom has the guts to put the whole good/evil standoff behind it and instead creates 3 warring factions, each of which with their own genuine reasons for fighting each other. It is possible for the player to understand and agree with the plight of each faction rather than simply going with whatever group the dev's decide is "good".

And yes, your opinion is highly uninformed.

OMG GUYS LEGO COPIED C&C IN KNIGHT'S KINGDOM:

Holy crap, I wanna build the castle in the first pic :O!

You can see more of it in the second pic :]
Oh and thanks Link :D

i was also looking at left 4 dead but ive sean mixed revews of it.