Author Topic: Massive lag Suddenly (Reposted)?  (Read 665 times)

Posted another, lost it, this one will be better..

Alright, as on the other one, suddenly I have this massive lag in Blockland and I have no idea what is causing it. By lag I mean I can't look at 10,000 bricks without the screen freezing, before I used to be able to look at 20,000.

Computer Specs:

Dual core @ 2.7GHz
8600 NVidia GTS 1007MB Memory
2GB RAM

Not sure if anything else matters. I reinstalled Blockland, played with no add ons, and it still lagged.

I would post the console log, but I don't have one.

Did you update your drivers, and close any other disturbances. (E.g. "World of Warcraft", "RuneScape", "Portal", etc.)

Only thing I had open was Blockland, and I update my drivers every week.

Hmm. I have the same problem when I look at 140 bricks, and my graphics memory is lots lower then yours.

Hmm. I have the same problem when I look at 140 bricks, and my graphics memory is lots lower then yours.
Whoa 140 bricks. I thought my computer sucked. I can only run 4500.

WAIT A MINUTE!
I update my drivers every week.
Over updating drivers can cause insane computer crashes. Update only once every month or two.

What I meant was I checked for updates every week, updates never come out once a week, it takes around a month for new ones to come out

Hmm, I don't know. When faced with massive lag, move your Blocko Guy so that he is facing the ground. This somehow reduces the lag (for me.)

It doesn't lag when you face the ground or sky or somewhere without bricks because it doesn't have to display anything, but it's really hard to build things when you are lagging like crazy.