Author Topic: Agile Playertype  (Read 16211 times)

I would want the onactivate to be called, because you could make it break off.

Bad part: "Click, click click 'HOLY stuff' BEWN 'AHHHHHHHHH'"
I was thinking of making it call onActivate when you climb on a brick but decided not to.

Anyway, I have an update, but I don't see the update button on RTB anywhere, so I'm going to assume it needs to be approved to be updated.

I was thinking of making it call onActivate when you climb on a brick but decided not to.

Anyway, I have an update, but I don't see the update button on RTB anywhere, so I'm going to assume it needs to be approved to be updated.

I'd use crouch for the holding-trigger, so you can still use tools while hanging.
If you did that, then maybe even some builders could find some use for this.

Is it possible to vault over things?

I'd use crouch for the holding-trigger, so you can still use tools while hanging.
If you did that, then maybe even some builders could find some use for this.
Hanging is a toggle, you click once and then as long as you hold the RMB you'll stay there, until you either click again, release the RMB or use the wall again (to climb on).

Is it possible to vault over things?
Not particularly, it's more or less exactly as written. Although I was thinking of looking at rky's slide playertype and seeing about implementing that code so you slide when crouching and holding the RMB. Baseball slide. :V

Give the player type some more air control. It's currently impossible to jump up a wall and onto a ledge effectively.

Hanging is a toggle, you click once and then as long as you hold the RMB you'll stay there, until you either click again, release the RMB or use the wall again (to climb on).

Ah, okay. May have my download then.

Give the player type some more air control. It's currently impossible to jump up a wall and onto a ledge effectively.

What he said.

This sounds SO epic. I read the name and though "another damn sonic player type? HOW FAST DO WE NEED TO GO!!!" Then I read the description and though... HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD!? ...then I thought... only once will do.

If i am correct and it does what it says it does then you can combine this with a grapple rope and a rock climb epic win.

Ah, okay. May have my download then.

Air control changed up to 0.15, it's much easier now. I was considering changing the raycast's origin from getEyePoint() to getPosition(), which would also help a hell of a lot.

Updated.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:34:09 PM by M »

This opens up a stuff load of gaming idea's

1) parkour challenges
2) Mirrors edge type games........
3) Prince Of persia

Now all we got to cover is wall running

Doesn't work for me...I checked it and started a minigame all it did was increase the speed of my mini.

Questions I have:

Does it work with jet/jump combo?
Does it work with interior walls?
I'm using the (laptop) controls does it make a difference?

There are somethings that leave people speechless, but better yet is when they can only say one word.

Nice.

Nice job.
How now do you make another datablock compatible with the climbing?

Lol Mechs climbing walls