Poll

Author Topic: The Blocko Trail (Oregon Trail) - tber123 is making a new thread, thread locked.  (Read 4243 times)

Ammo. Lots and lots of ammo. We're going to be hunting the stuff out of everything that moves. The entire world will go extinct.

Ammo. Lots and lots of ammo. We're going to be hunting the stuff out of everything that moves. The entire world will go extinct.

Leave the store, 10 boxes of ammo should be enough, right?
BLF says "Alright, let's buy some more ammunition then leave and begin the trip".
10 more boxes of ammo purchased. $330 remains.
The travelers leave the store, and the trip begins.

Weather: cool
Health: good
Pace: steady
Rations: filling
The travelers head off on the trail. From Independence it will take 102 miles to get to the Kansas River crossing.
Events:
Wild fruit found.
Found the Kansas River crossing.

You must cross the river in order to continue. The river at this point is currently 616 feet across, and 3.2 feet deep in the middle.
You may:
1. attempt to ford the river
2. caulk the wagon and float it across
3. take a ferry across
4. wait to see if conditions improve
5. get more information
Answer in the poll!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:54:34 PM by Mr Queeba »

You attempt to ford the river.
The river was to deep to ford. You lose 51 bullets, 2 wagon wheels, and an ox.
Badspot has measles.
Wrong trail. Lost 2 days.
Rotondo has dysentery.
The party get to the Big Blue river crossing. They rest for a day. The river is 230 feet across and 2.4 feet deep in the middle.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:52:16 PM by Mr Queeba »

NOEDIT:
Ford the river and caulk the wagon are tied, so a die is rolled.
The die lands on 5. As a result, they decide to caulk the wagon.
You had no trouble floating the wagon across.
You are now at Fort Kearney.
The 5 decide to head over to the shop. They grab another ox, 100 pounds of food, and 10 boxes of ammo. They leave the store and continue on the trail.
You find an abandoned wagon with an axle.
You get to Chimney Rock, rest for 3 days, and continue.
Severe thunderstorm. Lose 1 day.
Broken wagon tongue. The party attempts to repair it, but fails.
Indians help find food.
Ox wonders off. Lose 1 day.
You pass a gravesite and look closer. There is a grave that says "Here Lies Voland Hey Hey Hey! Come out and play".
You visit Fort Laramie. You go to the shop and buy 500 pounds of food, then leave.
OK, decision time. Would you like to rest, go back to the store, or continue on the trail? Sorry that I wasn't really stopping and asking for what you guys wanted me to do and went ahead, I just had to keep this going fast.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:20:02 PM by Mr Queeba »

Well, whatever. I can't be updating this thread anymore due to the time and the fact the browser version of the oregon trail doesn't save. I'm just going to go ahead and say that someone may take over the thread and start a new adventure. Sorry about that. I sent a PM to tber123 asking if he could continue this thread.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:41:31 PM by Mr Queeba »