What the hell just happened?

Author Topic: What the hell just happened?  (Read 1624 times)

Probably a bunch of random letters and numbers to refer to some error code that no one knows.

Just get the Operating System disc you used or reformat your HDD and install a new one.

Your BIOS has a trojan. While your PC is running open the case to check for any smoke leaking from the components. If you see it there's your bad part. To fix it you'll need a soldering iron and a roll of 60/40 solder. Before you work on the part directly you should heat up the CPU circuit to disconnect it completely from the motherboard, after all you wouldn't want it damaged while soldering. Once you get that far post here and I'll give you more detailed instructions.

If you don't see any smoke I have a quick fix to make the bad part smoke. First, unplug the -4V connector from your motherboard and swap it with a µA741 op amp(I recommend one from Fairchild Semiconductor) and make sure you unplug every fan from the motherboard. Failing to do so will blow away the faint smoke trail before you can see it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:00:53 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

Your BIOS has a trojan. While your PC is running open the case to check for any smoke leaking from the components. If you see it there's your bad part. To fix it you'll need a soldering iron and a roll of 60/40 solder. Before you work on the part directly you should heat up the CPU circuit to disconnect it completely from the motherboard, after all you wouldn't want it damaged while soldering. Once you get that far post here and I'll give you more detailed instructions.

If you don't see any smoke I have a quick fix to make the bad part smoke. First, unplug the -4V connector from your motherboard and swap it with a µA741 op amp(I recommend one from Fairchild Semiconductor) and make sure you unplug every fan from the motherboard. Failing to do so will blow away the faint smoke trail before you can see it.

OP Amps from National Semiconductor are more reliable, but apart from that your advice is spot on. I had to do that once. Only took a few minutes to fix but solved everything.

You don't need to buy too much solder, only a small amount is needed.

Well it never hurts to have a roll around.

We're trying to solve problems here, not create more.

BURN SCORCH AND POW!