Author Topic: Old beta user finally comes to retail (that's me!)  (Read 4129 times)

0002 and old rtb isnt beta, thats alpha i would say

I thought it would be Bleh, for some reason :(

So this "brick optimization" both includes the ability for way more bricks on lower-end systems, yes, but I'm saying the editor wand is much easier because I'm better at doing math than moving bricks and such around.  I do realize that with the current way brick models are rendered it would be much harder to have a fully functional editor wand, so I'm not saying "Y DIDNT U PUT A EW IN N00BZ!1!!", I'm just saying it's a lot easier for folks like me.

Seems like these answers I'm getting are the standard answers now...

ChexGuy, I learned to build with lego a long time ago, and found using actual math much easier, don't know if your brain could handle it.

Seriously, I appreciate the answers, but you folks could spare the name-calling and "learn to build n00b".

And tails, I do remember you from beta.

So this "brick optimization" both includes the ability for way more bricks on lower-end systems, yes, but I'm saying the editor wand is much easier because I'm better at doing math than moving bricks and such around.  I do realize that with the current way brick models are rendered it would be much harder to have a fully functional editor wand, so I'm not saying "Y DIDNT U PUT A EW IN N00BZ!1!!", I'm just saying it's a lot easier for folks like me.

Seems like these answers I'm getting are the standard answers now...

ChexGuy, I learned to build with lego a long time ago, and found using actual math much easier, don't know if your brain could handle it.

Seriously, I appreciate the answers, but you folks could spare the name-calling and "learn to build n00b".

And tails, I do remember you from beta.

For the first few months we had to take all this crap about "oh please i really want editor wand" and now we have to do it again. Just accept that its not going to happen and either cry about it and run away, or buy the game and shut the forget up. Take your pick, princess.

Bleh still plays RTB v1.045, I played with him like 2/3 weeks ago.

Why would you want such a loving girl here?

Duck, if you learned to build with real legos a long time ago, then use your loving n0nski11z and stick them in the game. I still stand by my statement that you're lazy. Everyone finds it easier with the editor wand, no loving stuff. Get your head out of your ass and stop being such a donkeystuffting woman about the wand. That wasn't even in the original Blockland beta, it was in an RTB beta, and RTB knows how stuffty the editor wand made things look.

I'm from the 0002 also, didn't get an id till last year. :) The only thing i miss from RTB beta is not being able to have sliding doors and elevators.

Well, if there's anybody still here from the "era of betaness", you might remember me.  I was General_Ducky back in the beta, and played it hours on end.  When retail came I was kind of disappointed at first, and waited for RTB to come to bring back the beta style gameplay.  Then RTB 2 came out and it pretty much lost everything that they did in the beta that was so great, so then I was even more disappointed.

Well, now that I've seen what's changed, the excellent brick physics (which I know are not out yet), and the multiplayer community, I've decided to come back and start the brick-building again.

I've tried the demo, and am extremely annoyed by not being able to building floating bricks, the limit to how many tools you can have, and the annoying brick interface, and the lack of bricks.  Whine whine whine whine...

It's still Blockland, though, and I've decided I'm gonna buy it, and start playing again.  Any suggestions for add-ons, or things I should know before I buy?

It becomes a good thing once you play more and more.

What part of it is annoying? I got my ID back in January of last year but never really played until the following October, so I don't know what to compare the current one to.
Wat. Isn't your ID in like the 5ks though? I got my 4693 ID in around February.

I think I remember you. It rings a bell.
I'm from V0002 but bought my ID late 2007, cause I quit for quite a while.

Can someone PM me Blockland v0002? And the RTB for it? It seems people still play it and it sounds really fun. I want to join!

Take your pick, princess.
WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSSSE ME PRINCESS...

Yeah the RTB whiners were very annoying, stfu or gtfo.

Yus, I definitely dug 1.45. I actually do remember you, now that I think about it.

At first the BL1.0 features bugged me, but it gets better, you get used to them, and they make it much easier. The only thing that I do not like is the brick interface/selection process , I would change it back to the RTB version in a heartbeart.

I'm saying the editor wand is much easier because I'm better at doing math than moving bricks and such around.
Practice makes perfect, I suppose