Author Topic: Something...with my computer. (Now looking for a small, inexpensive, upgrade.)  (Read 1352 times)

No, the one my uncle bought kicks major ass.

This is the one I got for Christmas '07.

The only reason I would rather upgrade this than buy another computer is because it's a small step up from my laptop, which can handle all the games I have for it. Plus a new computer would cost too much money at the moment.

Obviously your Celeron and Graphics probably aren't up to the task.

For one: NEVER USE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS TO PLAY GAMES.

Reading your mobo page, you have an LGA 775 socket and a PCI-E x16 slot, both are goo.
Ask RW or Otis to get you some good CPU and graphics card recommendations.

Well, the Celeron is fine since I have the same processor in my laptop, and it handles Source fine, except of course, it runs an integrated ATI. Even then though, it doesn't do bad.

I would definitely get this card if I were 100% sure it were compatible, unless there was something better I could get for the same price on newegg.

Celerons aren't known for power, if my memory serves me right.

I know, but they can handle Source fine, which is really all I need.

A new gig of ram would not hurt also. It helps to have more then enough in case one stick decides to stuff out on ya. Also the possessor is worse then mine.

How do you guys play games with that crap?

Also go into your graphics card control panel and disable Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic settings. This boosted my L4D framerate average on Blood Harvest stage one when looking from the safe area from 12 to 40-ish.