Author Topic: Brooklyn Bridge  (Read 2562 times)

Ace

Oh stuff, some bridge competition finally rises up...

I wonder if I put cannons on mine...

Oh stuff, some bridge competition finally rises up...

I wonder if I put cannons on mine...

What what what? :D

Golden Gate vs. Brooklyn Bridge, a death match for the ages.

Damnit Swholli I was gonna start on Brooklyn Bridge aswell but I'll find another one.  I like this bridge even know its dark grey and depressing it looks epic 10/10.

Btw: Loved how you did the arch.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:07:29 PM by Hyrax7 »

I like the bridge but I have found a few flaws in it:

1: The arches are rounded, unlike the real bridge, which arches are pointed at the top.

2: The Brooklyn Bridge is not grey. A dirty tan would fit it better, but I do not know of any colorsets with a shade of tan like that.

3: The supports seem too "fat". I figure this is because you wanted to make it fit the template roads, but it just looks odd.

Rating: 7/10

The side fences make it feel like a prison.

What what what? :D

Golden Gate vs. Brooklyn Bridge, a death match for the ages.
Needs more pirate battle style thingy.

u talkin' like a yooper.(not makin' fun of dem yoopers,mainly 'cause i live in da UP!)

I like the bridge but I have found a few flaws in it:

1: The arches are rounded, unlike the real bridge, which arches are pointed at the top.

2: The Brooklyn Bridge is not grey. A dirty tan would fit it better, but I do not know of any colorsets with a shade of tan like that.

3: The supports seem too "fat". I figure this is because you wanted to make it fit the template roads, but it just looks odd.

Rating: 7/10

For 1, yeah, I realized that they were pointed after I had already built them, and considering it was 5 in the morning at this point I said "forget it" and went on.

2, You already answered that question, I don't have a proper colorset for that.

3, It turned out that I had build the bridge perfect to fit the road template. Completely by accident, too. So once I had the roads layed down, then I built the supports to fit with them. I got lucky that it was all measured right.

It's pretty nice looking!

Needs more anti-aliasing.

looks very duplicated.
Just out of curiosity, what's the problem with using the duplicator, anyway? Would you rather have him make every square inch of it different? Or perhaps have him do everything bit by bit? (very tedious)

IT LOOKS GREAT BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. How long did it take you to biuld that?

IT LOOKS GREAT BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. How long did it take you to biuld that?

A day.

12 midnight to 5 in the morning. Then a few more touchups from about 10 Am to 2 pm the next (or rather same) day.

10/10
Good Job.
But I have to ask...How much lag is there walking on it?

Swholli turn off sharp filtering, makes my game look like crap too

it looks alot like gold gate