Author Topic: Garry's Mod Gallery  (Read 1300526 times)

That's a neat idea.
We need more screenshots based on that idea.

Metal Slug Theme Plays in the background

A version of the picture without the overlay so you can edit it easier.

anyone have suggestions on what to use for lighting and making props/pictures look better in general?

anyone have suggestions on what to use for lighting and making props/pictures look better in general?

Well, a good step would be to hit up Facepunch, they have tons of interesting tutorials for lighting, tons of assets and inspiration. For lighting, check out Ninja Nub's lighting tutorial. Once you get some good lighting down your images will already look 10x better without having to edit in tons of silly lighting bullstuff

Another step in the right direction would be to learn how to scenebuild. There are very, VERY few, if no maps, built specifically to look good for posing shots. Scenebuilding gives us the power to construct a background that is dynamic, fluid, easy to manipulate, responds well to lighting, ect. Look for foliage props, any detail props, building props, stuff like that

So to have custom content/props in pac3, you now have to pay for dropbox public folders.

gee i wonder why gmod is so slow
>uninstalls 10gb of addons
there we go! good as new!

Are all gmod videos stop motion?

gee i wonder why gmod is so slow
>uninstalls 10gb of addons
there we go! good as new!

Are all gmod videos stop motion?
A lot of them are, but there's also many that aren't, you just have to know how to look for them

One video i HIGHLY recommend is War of the Servers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8

It was made back in Gmod 9 and is an hour and a half long parody of War of the Worlds

iirc the civil protection series was also made in garry's mod
i think
either way, it was one of my favorites, i'm kinda sad that they discontinued it

One of my friends made this last year:

btwfempyroisgross
could someone make this a playermodel?
because PAC makes my head explode

could someone make this a playermodel?
because PAC makes my head explode
it's not hard, you just need to learn how bones work. my biggest problems are playermodels and proxies. i know a few people who are really forgetin good at pac3

was looking around my screenshots, found this which was like 1 year ago on some HL2RP server. I was Civil Protection at the time and thought it looked beautiful and unsettling

i was CP once
i got permakilled

it's not hard, you just need to learn how bones work. my biggest problems are playermodels and proxies. i know a few people who are really forgetin good at pac3
Proxies are pretty simple when it comes down to the basic usage of them. Theres a few good videos explaining them.
For playermodels I assume you mean tf2 players, invest in learning about how holdtypes work.

Tried a TF2 scene this time.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:07:31 AM by Rally »