Author Topic: Garry's Mod Gallery  (Read 1304533 times)

I haven't posted in this topic for a while, so may as well.

Is it good?

You might thinking making the camera wider to more fit stuff in makes the picture better, but it doesn't. Move back and zoom in.

Also, you shouldn't overdo the bloom, it's a bit too right and saturated in some areas of both pictures

I've made my first gmod video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNG8UMdc2gw
I know it's dumb but I'll get better at this don't worry
aue in peace

Also, you shouldn't overdo the bloom, it's a bit too right and saturated in some areas of both pictures
I really don't understand how to use the bloom and color modifications, in my opinion it actually made it look ok but I can see why a lot of people don't like it due to the fact it irritates their eyes. I'll keep that in mind a bit but do you have any guides on the bloom settings? I found one but it didn't explain it very well

You might thinking making the camera wider to more fit stuff in makes the picture better, but it doesn't. Move back and zoom in.
I don't understand what you mean by that

I really don't understand how to use the bloom and color modifications, in my opinion it actually made it look ok but I can see why a lot of people don't like it due to the fact it irritates their eyes. I'll keep that in mind a bit but do you have any guides on the bloom settings? I found one but it didn't explain it very well
Enable it, click it's icon, then hold C for the context menu and adjust the various settings until you've got something that looks good

When you hold the right mouse button down with the Camera equipped, you can move the mouse up and down to zoom in or out and left or right to twist the camera angle

Having the camera zoomed out or at it's default FOV doesn't look good in most pictures, it's good picture taking etiquette to take some steps back from your scene and zoom in until there's much less empty space in your picture

It's also good to practice rule of thirds which can help convey the feeling of a scene a certain way or help add or subtract attention from a character or object depending on how you set it all up

Basically, keep working on how and where you place your characters and the angle and zoom level of the camera when taking pictures, you'll improve as you keep practicing and receiving helpful comments and criticism

Basically having a lower FOV makes all your proportions look better. It'll focus the camera on the subject and cut empty space, and basically make everything look better.

Here's an example (big fov on top small fov on bottom)

You can see that the bottom image very clearly focuses the image on the girl rather than the table/fridge and your eyes know exactly where to go. It also makes the shotgun and table less stretched/warped.

Also all your post processing effects have to be really subtle. Use small amounts of sdof, small amounts of bloom and some tiny color correcting and you should be good, anything noticeable is ew. don't use any other effects (especially not toy town), all that stuff is amateur hour

Like this is just a tiny bit of sdof, bloom, colorcorrection and sharpen. nothing that stands out, just there to enhance little things
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:11:54 AM by Rally »

Ah I see now, thanks for the tips

ain't nobody like me, but me

Cmon man we just covered this :/

massive overuse of DoF, massive empty space on left and right

Yeah that motion blur in the background makes it look like he's falling from the sky

Also why is he holding that gun by the barrel

He's holding an M1014 shotgun, by the barrel and pump. It's natural that way.