Garry's Mod Gallery

Author Topic: Garry's Mod Gallery  (Read 1287242 times)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:06:20 PM by Navaro »

Cnai do dark room picturs too?

No but those ones Prov posted are sweet.

/!\ TOMORROW IS THE DAY GARRY'S MOD 13 SWALLOWS GARRY'S MOD /!\

Garry’s Mod 13 will be released on October 24th 2012. It’s going to be painful for those that haven’t prepared.

About a year ago I decided that instead of breaking the game every week with my updates I would work in the background on a single big update. I have been doing that - and it’s about time to make the switch.

Toybox is gone.

I know - we all loved toybox - it was great. But we’re moving to a Steam Workshop system now. I really believe it’s a better system for everyone. It doesn’t work the same as Toybox does. You install addons instead of using them on demand. Addons can be updated by their makers and are automatically downloaded and updated by all those that are subscribed.

Addons and Gamemodes will break

Sorry - but it’s inevitable. Certain systems in the code have been changed or removed completely and replaced with other systems. You can find a guide to what you need to change in your code here.

Most of the popular gamemodes have already switched. Make sure you ask the creator of your favourite gamemode if they’re GMod 13 compatible.

Not all bad

Starting in GMod13 I’m shipping my own engine.. which means I’m able to do loads of crazy crap that wasn’t possible before. This means fixes for some of the most common bugs - like the reliable snapshot overflow bug.

Get The Beta Now!

The GMod 13 beta is available to everyone that owns Garry’s Mod on Steam. So check your games list!

Further reading

Here are some links for further reading.

My Youtube Channel
    The Garry’s Mod 13 Forum
    Full unedited GM13 change list

So.. you have one day remaining until GMod 13 overwrites GMod 12. You should start thinking about backing up your Garry’s Mod folder - in case you have any maps or whatever you want to keep. They probably won’t get removed - they will probably just carry over like any other patch - but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

If you want the cleanest possible transition into GMod 13 then it would be a good idea to give your Garry’s Mod folder a total cleanup.

It’s today we say goodbye to Toybox. Bye Toybox! Toybox was great, it served it’s purpose.. now we have workshop! If you had maps or models or something on Toybox and want to keep it - I uploaded a huge torrent with all the content in to the internet for safe keeping (please don’t extract 36gb into your garry’s mod folder! And if you do - please don’t ask for support!)

See you tomorrow guys!

/!\ TOMORROW IS THE DAY GARRY'S MOD 13 SWALLOWS GARRY'S MOD /!\

Isn't Garry 6 hours ahead of everyone in America?

Will this effect the release time?

Isn't Garry 6 hours ahead of everyone in America?

Will this effect the release time?

forget, i said something dumb.

Forgive me, i'm a handicap when it comes to timezones. Blegh

navaro seems to be the only one with an issue
get with the times

navaro seems to be the only one with an issue
get with the times
He probably didn't play the beta enough to figure things out and get used to it so he's all scared and doesn't know what's what

I'm updating as we speak. :D

I can't wait for all the new stuff and support and prettyness and omgomgogmgogmgomgogmgo

Wow, it's been forever since i last made any Gmod pictures

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:23:52 PM by Masterlegodude »

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW

AWARDS SYSTEM, BITCHES