Author Topic: Server does events twice?  (Read 552 times)

This may be a noobish question, but i think i may have downloaded a non-working add-on that causes this problem. Whenever i go to my server, i say like make the middle screen say "blah blah blah" and instead of 3 seconds, it does six, and when i do that chat one, it shows two lines saying the same thing. If you could help me, i would be able to do better stuff with variables and have better servers. ALSO: the seteventenabled and the toggleeventenabled dont work with this. Here's a picture of my add-ons:

oops! sorry forgot one image:

Are you handicappedly doing onplayertouch?

Looks like that's not a complete addons list. Anyway...
Disable any of space-guy's addons. (They probably aren't causing the problem, but the space tick spams the console when you turn trace on)
Start a server.
Place a brick and event it to Onactivate>Client>CenterPrint>"Hello!"
Open the console, type:
   trace(1);
Close the console.
Activate the brick.
Open the console, type;
   trace(0);
Exit Blockland.
Post the console log.

Looks like that's not a complete addons list. Anyway...
Disable any of space-guy's addons. (They probably aren't causing the problem, but the space tick spams the console when you turn trace on)
Start a server.
Place a brick and event it to Onactivate>Client>CenterPrint>"Hello!"
Open the console, type:
   trace(1);
Close the console.
Activate the brick.
Open the console, type;
   trace(0);
Exit Blockland.
Post the console log.
Ok, done. Here's the console log: (without all the space tick stuff)
http://postdownload.filefront.com/13381409//8cb3ad02838692a7bbb684eff9d300d7f4ace3977d3ac6d2052e54aa661bbe9382375cca1810b566

Woah... I forgot what the RTB IRC can do to a console with trace turned on. Oh well.

Entering [MjPackage]armor::onTrigger(44, 22798, 0, 1)
       -snip-
    Entering serverCmdRapidFire(14215)
    Leaving serverCmdRapidFire() - return
       -snip-
  Leaving [MjPackage]armor::onTrigger() - return 27585

The contents of those two snips were quite similar, implying that the MJPackage may be running the function twice.

MJpackage apparantly comes with the Military Jeep, so try disabling that. It has apparantly gone through some iterations and you may have an outdated version. Disable the military jeep and tell us what happens.

It is the military Jeep.  Same thing happened to me a while back, and when I disabled it, it worked fine. 

Woah... I forgot what the RTB IRC can do to a console with trace turned on. Oh well.

The contents of those two snips were quite similar, implying that the MJPackage may be running the function twice.

MJpackage apparantly comes with the Military Jeep, so try disabling that. It has apparantly gone through some iterations and you may have an outdated version. Disable the military jeep and tell us what happens.
ok. it was the Military Jeep. i don't understand C++ (or whatever blockland is programmed  in) so thanks for the help. If you would like a reward, just PM me. LOCKING TOPIC