The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3851636 times)

Horrible render.

Edit: Commisioned by bubbler.

+∞ <333

Does this look cool? :o
also the black thing in his hand is a duck BUT IT'S BLACK

I got rather inspired to make a Left4Dead skin for the AK-47.

Does it look about the quality of a default gun? Or is there something missing that I need to add?

Hooooly stuff. Texture that(not materials) and put it in another game, it's awesome.

Those odd smoothing groups really bother me

Tar 21?
In the case that I'm correct I would suggest making it skinnier and rounding it off more (its for l4d right?) add more details such as the safety 

Tar 21?
In the case that I'm correct I would suggest making it skinnier and rounding it off more (its for l4d right?) add more details such as the safety 

Yes, it is a Tar-21. And yes, it is for L4d. Ah, and I did forget the safety.

take a picture from first person perspective please, that'll make it easier to point out things that really matter

First person view:

Estimate for reloading view:

Which ones?
Something about these just look weird (some more than others)

Though i guess the smoothing groups won't matter that much since the texture will mostly distract from it

Keep the smoothing groups as is for now, once you get it working in game and all, show me how it looks then

I do agree that some of those look weird, but I'm guessing what you said. The texture may just distract from that, or make it work just right.

Has anyone ever tried normal maps in Blockland?

Off the top of my head

round off the purple areas and get rid of the embedding where the red is. Rotate the bolt handle as seen here

pull the handle out a bit, make the holes in the side shorter, get rid of the grooves on the front grip, add safety and whatever that thing by the bolt is, you're also gonna wanna add the front pop up sights and still gotta make it skinnier and see if you can do something to the stock to make it less boring

Has anyone ever tried normal maps in Blockland?
this version of torque does not support normal maps.

this version of torque does not support normal maps.
damn, okay.
it would make a lot of stuff look better.