The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3850800 times)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:13:40 PM by Lunar »

It looks amazing, the only thing I have to say about it is, if your going to be animating it, then I'd make the arms a separate piece.
Why would I do that?
I'm sure it will be fine with proper weight painting and rigging.

Holy cow, Mr. Moneybags!

By the way, I don't see why you guys are secondary referencing me to the Balrog model.  I did a lot of it, Demian was kind enough to fix up the head and wings and clean up some polys because I was a bit stuck on the model.

Anyway, here's a near complete version of it:
a
What demian posted looked fantastic, what you posted looks like you've already managed to forget the face without his assistance

you should get him to teach you how to model, all you do is make badly triangulated messes

Why would I do that?
I'm sure it will be fine with proper weight painting and rigging.
because you've got a blocko model and weight painting will look absolutely handicapped?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:56:56 PM by Böltster »

What demian posted looked fantastic, what you posted looks like you've already managed to forget the face without his assistance

you should get him to teach you how to model, all you do is make badly triangulated messes
because you've got a blocko model and weight painting will look absolutely handicapped?
What demian posted is my model.  He smoothed it and cleaned up faces.
I wouldn't mind some suggestions on how to improve the model.

How is any of your post helpful at all?  You're just being negative as usual.

What demian posted is my model.  He smoothed it and cleaned up faces.
I wouldn't mind some suggestions on how to improve the model.

How is any of your post helpful at all?  You're just being negative as usual.

then get him to teach you how to smooth and clean up the faces. the model you just posted looks like you've stuffed the triangulation around the eyes (is it just the angle or what?)

do what lunar suggested. you always seem to try and make blocko-nonblocko hybrids and they always look horrid (IMO, dont cry). stick with a style. if you're going to model low poly creatures for blockland, make the animations and joints suit the style (AKA NOT WEIGHT PAINTED)

then get him to teach you how to smooth and clean up the faces. the model you just posted looks like you've stuffed the triangulation around the eyes (is it just the angle or what?)

do what lunar suggested. you always seem to try and make blocko-nonblocko hybrids and they always look horrid (IMO, dont cry). stick with a style. if you're going to model low poly creatures for blockland, make the animations and joints suit the style (AKA NOT WEIGHT PAINTED)
I'm starting to understand what Lunar actually meant by making it a seperate piece.
I will try this and see how it looks.  I also too another look at some balrog head piectures and realized his head really isn't elongated,
something about the flat face made me think otherwise.

I'm going to work on the head after I finish Grimlock(patton360's) space marine.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'd take you more seriously if you didn't come off so rude some times.

Here's some progress I made on the Space Marine for Grimlock.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:48:17 AM by Yuggoth »

Holy cow, Mr. Moneybags!

By the way, I don't see why you guys are secondary referencing me to the Balrog model.  I did a lot of it, Demian was kind enough to fix up the head and wings and clean up some polys because I was a bit stuck on the model.

Anyway, here's a near complete version of it:
http://oi50.tinypic.com/awxm9z.jpg
neat. from what I can see I think the arms are a tad short. some animations would be nice

Here's some progress I made on the Space Marine for Grimlock.

why didnt you ask me for my model

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:20:57 AM by Tingalz »

why didnt you ask me for my model

Correction: Why didn't Grimlock ask you for your model.
I'm just returning the favor.

That's actually my fault. I was really intending to do a blocko model that would have some similarities to the blockhead but I got really carried away. I warned him that my model probably wouldn't fit Blockland very well because it needs to be rigged like a regular game model.

What demian posted is my model.  He smoothed it and cleaned up faces.
That's not true. I made my model from scratch using your model as a base. I literally modeled mine over yours. I didn't use a single vertex from your model. Here's a comparison. Left side is my model, right is yours. I didn't even touch your model.

That's actually my fault. I was really intending to do a blocko model that would have some similarities to the blockhead but I got really carried away. I warned him that my model probably wouldn't fit Blockland very well because it needs to be rigged like a regular game model.
i think your one is a really nice model, wouldn't take much to convert the joints to something more fitting

Hydralisk wanted some lava cracks on the shoulders. I got a bit excited with the textures.

I still think a flat face is better.

Hydralisk wanted some lava cracks on the shoulders. I got a bit excited with the textures.

I still think a flat face is better.
Yeah with the textures the face looks a lot better.  And I didn't realize you remodeled the whole thing.
Imo he needs some somewhere else on his legs too but it looks awesome.

High detail

Low Detail

Tell me which you like the most

low detail doesnt look too much lower detail