Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3852621 times)

The original guns appeared big to begin with, and I do belive that they were longer than the legs. But, Commie is da boss.

T pose is so boring and lifeless. Natural standing poses IE the Dota 2 and TF2 models are so much nicer.
T pose is commonly used before a model is rigged. It's a lot easier to rig like that.

T pose is commonly used before a model is rigged. It's a lot easier to rig like that.

A long while ago I read somewhere that a V pose also works well.
Or maybe it was that a V pose allowed for easier shoulder rigging, which resulted in cleaner mesh deforming.

I really don't remember which exactly.. :S

What do you get when you make a Froggy sit down and make a model almost non-stop for an evening?

it's a very noisy model
not even the dow 2 model doesn't have that many indentations and bumps
also your suit's legs are too small
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:33:45 AM by Qwepir »

The model looks okay, but it's way too detailed everywhere. Tau battlesuits are already chunky, so they should be simple looking in blockland.
For example, instead of that chest you have there, it should look something more like this:

I'm not making the model for it, but I just wanted to show what it should be like.

and the legs need to be longer

Listen to DC and tigls

my hard drive crashed and i lost the pulse rifle, but at least i didnt lose the autogun, autopistol, and stub pistol

those are like pulse rifles, right??????

I thought you said you weren't doing autoguns

Updated

I hope you aren't implying that the model should look THAT simplistic. That is too little detail for me...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:26:59 PM by FrogFreak »