Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3935094 times)

Last guy who couldn't get materials working was missing one very important step, did you add a new material for the new colors..?

Last guy who couldn't get materials working was missing one very important step, did you add a new material for the new colors..?

I think he has everything merged.

Not all of them are merged only a few things.

Should i just unmerge everything and start again?

Not all of them are merged only a few things.

Should i just unmerge everything and start again?

If you want to join pieces, join ones of the same color. But you can just unjoin them, yes.

unfortunately due to crappy torque, it won't play well at all. you won't be able to handle it well, it will easily go down due to massive hitbox, and the spider-like legs will be of no use since it cant actually step over players because:
1: you can't animate bounds
2: bounds are defined in script, DATABLOCKS to boot too!
3: torque sucks and is too old

Wait models are already shaded.

I think Heed was referring to the awkward bounding box for large playertypes.

Now has a roof and some other small features.

View for full res as per normal.

...how do i fix normals in blender for exporting again? the old glitch of resizing in object mode messed it up.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157886.0#post_fixing2

Now has a roof and some other small features.

View for full res as per normal.

Looks great! Can we see a wireframe pic too sometime?

Are you gonna texture it? :o

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:11:56 PM by Lunar »

I think Heed was referring to the awkward bounding box for large playertypes.
Correct, that's one of the reasons I'm having some wacky issues with my mechs. :U

Wire frame of current progress, tried to make it the same colours as a blueprint, doesn't look as cool as I thought it would.

Wire frame of current progress, tried to make it the same colours as a blueprint, doesn't look as cool as I thought it would.

It helps a lot of you do wireframes like this. Yes this was the only model I've made I found with Google that had wireframes.