Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3930450 times)

are you working off an existing car, or using one as an inspiration?
-snip-

The body is more or less based on the mid-60's GM pickups, but I changed some bits.

Here is the new front. I increased the size of the headlights a little and turned them into hexagons.

The body is more or less based on the mid-60's GM pickups, but I changed some bits.
Here is the new front. I increased the size of the headlights a little and turned them into hexagons.
the use of smoothshading on the lights, while clever, frankly makes for a rather weird contrast with the rest of the model
i think you'd be better off just going with conventional shadeless lights

Rusty, that website you use is pretty cool. I'm gonna upload all of my TF2 stuff to it.

For instance:

http://p3d.in/HSzsL

Im just starting to model guns and I need some advice. Do you guys take a picture, then outline it, or do you look at a picture and "free hand" it?

Rusty, that website you use is pretty cool. I'm gonna upload all of my TF2 stuff to it.

For instance:

http://p3d.in/HSzsL
I like sketchfab more

Doctor Spaceboots. Click for larger image.

Im just starting to model guns and I need some advice. Do you guys take a picture, then outline it, or do you look at a picture and "free hand" it?
I usually free hand it

But please don't become the typical teen and only model guns.

No Offense, but the Headlights are kinda akward on the Truck. I feel like they should be somewhat like this.

That is just my personal Opinion.

No Offense, but the Headlights are kinda akward on the Truck. I feel like they should be somewhat like this.

That is just my personal Opinion.
I would have to agree.

I think that's what is striking me odd. Try making it just 1 light on each side.

Oh. Why's that?
i think he just doesn't like to feel restricted

Anybody?