Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3906500 times)

the fact that it says your instead of you're bothers me

The fact that it says "your" instead of "you're" bothers me.

Grammar... Lol jk, it was like 3 years ago when I made that and I didn't care about grammar.

Jesus Christ, dude, that thing has WAAAY too many polygons!

no

i guess my futuristic space hair-drying laser pistol doesn't live up to its own standards.
what am i doing wrong besides having too many polygons.

i guess my futuristic space hair-drying laser pistol doesn't live up to its own standards.
what am i doing wrong.
too many completely useless polygons

ugly proportions

First real model in . . . 3 years?

It's a little rough, and i did a handicapped move with the forearms. Any idea how to fix that?

Topology looks odd to me. Are you planning to rig it?

Topology looks odd to me. Are you planning to rig it?
Probably. Why?

I was asking, because it seems way too messy to be properly animated. There might be a lot oddly bent parts while it is playing a particular animation.
I'm not sure how the Bmesh is handling deformation and stuff, though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:39:28 AM by Barnabas »

I was asking, because it seems way to messy to be properly animated. There might be a lot oddly bent parts while it is playing a particular animation.
I'm not sure how the Bmesh is handling deformation and stuff, though.
Well, i'll have to see. For the most part, this was just to see if i could even try to model anymore.

First real model in . . . 3 years?

http://i.imgur.com/nziGF8R.png
http://i.imgur.com/l1mEQeU.png

It's a little rough, and i did a handicapped move with the forearms. Any idea how to fix that?

Dem ngons.

You're gonna have a bad time animating that.

Dem ngons.

I didn't know you could create faces like that in blender
what
how

I didn't know you could create faces like that in blender
what
how
Select an arbitrary amount of vertices and press F. Works best when the vertices are all on the same plane or with only a little deviation. It isn't magic though so concave things and holes don't always work. Simple planar concave shapes work fine though.

Dem ngons.

Well, yeah, of course. So i won't lol. It was just a test anyway.

So now i have a question. When you subdivide an area after you've changed it's shape it doesn't do the same thing it would if you were to just subdivide. Is there a way to just subdivide anything just normally?