Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3850286 times)

Does anyone know how to import TF2 weapons into Blender without fiddling around with four or five different decompilers and installing SDK? I don't need the animations or anything, just the textured model.
Fiddling around with decompilers is the only way since it's a Source Engine game

What weapon(s) you looking for?

I had AA disabled because it makes a weird white line on the edge of the hill if Atmosphere is on. Disabled Atmosphere, enabled AA, did some other things.

looks too fuzzy, I want to pet it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:49:15 PM by Marcem »

That link leads to dl.dropbox.%3Cbr%20/%3E[/quote.

The stock shotgun.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlkrmb1n9s24ynk/c_shotgun.zip

I gave it the texture and saved it as a .blend, the textures i included are a PNG with no transparency and a TGA with transparency in case you wanted that for some reason

It might seem a bit big, but it's to scale with the shotgun from TF2

I started this coconut launcher but I'm not sure how I should taper it into the handle.

Does anyone know how to import TF2 weapons into Blender without fiddling around with four or five different decompilers and installing SDK? I don't need the animations or anything, just the textured model.
3d ripper dx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlkrmb1n9s24ynk/c_shotgun.zip

I gave it the texture and saved it as a .blend, the textures i included are a PNG with no transparency and a TGA with transparency in case you wanted that for some reason

It might seem a bit big, but it's to scale with the shotgun from TF2
I did Append on the models/v_shotgun file. It appears pink in the 3D editor, and like the default material when rendered. How do I apply the texture to it?

3d ripper dx
I trust that far less than i do the fixed MDL Decompiler (which is what i used to decompile the MDL)

I did Append on the models/v_shotgun file. It appears pink in the 3D editor, and like the default material when rendered. How do I apply the texture to it?
Right click the gun, go into Edit Mode and press the A key while on the 3D view to select all of the model, then go to the UV/Image Editor window, and while the model is still selected, click Image on the header (or press Ctrl + O while on the UV/Image editor window), then go to the c_shotgun folder and select the PNG file

I trust that far less than i do the fixed MDL Decompiler (which is what i used to decompile the MDL)
If the game runs on dx9 (I assume it does) the 3d ripper dx will give you all models (with uv maps ofc) and textures that are currently rendered. Works with any game, not all have some file disassembling tool like you mentioned, so you should still get it

I made a render of myself.

That link leads to dl.dropbox.%3Cbr%20/%3E[/quote.
Didn't mean to make that a link, I just wanted to kill the image from the post.

If the game runs on dx9 (I assume it does) the 3d ripper dx will give you all models (with uv maps ofc) and textures that are currently rendered. Works with any game, not all have some file disassembling tool like you mentioned, so you should still get it
It's much cleaner to decompile Source MDL than 3d rip it. Also 3D Ripper doesn't like 64 bit stuff. :c

i might change the "sight" a little

idk what the forget happened to the quality though

-snip-
i might change the "sight" a little

idk what the forget happened to the quality though
Doesn't look bad at all, i like it.
The sight might be a bit off though, i can agree on that.