Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854232 times)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:09:03 PM by jinkazma903 »

was he just sold for drug money

making ship models for marbleman's space gamemode thing

Experimented with vertex painting on some of the weapon models I posted, now if I can start getting texture painting down I'll actually make a hand wrap for the handle, and I'll give the gold some speckles for the sword, as well as blade imperfections on the axe
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:32:23 PM by Dorso »

Experimented with vertex painting on some of the weapon models I posted, now if I can start getting texture painting down I'll actually make a hand wrap for the handle, and I'll give the gold some speckles for the sword, as well as blade imperfections on the axe
For solid colors like that basic single color materials are much easier to use, customize, and apply.

Edit: Please tell me this at least somewhat resembles a cave.

I'm shocked at how well the UV mapping worked out, the seam is barely noticeable.
Fun fact: Same normals + displacement as the brown rocks from earlier.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:57:32 PM by Demian »

How do you do these things, Demian...

It's pretty damn good, and it resembles a cave in my eyes. Although needs to be a little more rougher on some parts IMO.

It looks like a cave that a devious mansion would open up into; the kind of mansion with red velvet and checkerboard marble floors if you get what I'm saying.

How do you do these things, Demian...

It's pretty damn good, and it resembles a cave in my eyes. Although needs to be a little more rougher on some parts IMO.
Free texture off the webs > make it seamless with Photoshop healing tool > Crazy Bump magics for normals and displacement > sculpt a very rough cave shape > retopo cave without being very precise since it's not visible anyways > put in a UV seam somewhere not very visible > unwrap > fiddle with the displacement > basic 1 minute materials > some lights > render. Took me about 9 hours or so.

It looks like a cave that a devious mansion would open up into; the kind of mansion with red velvet and checkerboard marble floors if you get what I'm saying.
I don't get it.

cave floors are usually smoother because of erosion (and human convenience), but otherwise it looks quite good

i tried sculpting
i tried so hard

it comes in your sleep