Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3915896 times)

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/dc9gwmm.png[/img]
You should use UV mapping to make the textures have a less abrupt end.

The Buick body is done but I have to test it in game see if it work before I ll add stuff on it

Then I got this error... ;~;
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256273.msg7459187#new

looks like it would be very painful to sit in

It not finish... :(

I know your having this problem with your Buick Wildcat, but I hope it gets fixed, because It looks really good Master!

You should use UV mapping to make the textures have a less abrupt end.
Sure, if he wants it to be forgeted up when he exports it. The Blender DTS exporter always gave me trouble with UV textures for whatever reason, I've literally never had a single successful export with a UV texture from Blender.

This may be remedied with the newest version of the exporter but somehow I doubt it; DTS and textures have never really gotten along.

Speak for yourself  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:09:39 AM by takato14 »

Maybe you're just doing it wrong. I've never had any trouble with exporting dts with working UV textures.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong. I've never had any trouble with exporting dts with working UV textures.
Actually yeah, I thought I never fixed it before but it turns out I did; Torque just doesn't seem to like it when textures aren't a square.

Actually yeah, I thought I never fixed it before but it turns out I did; Torque just doesn't seem to like it when textures aren't a square.
Aren't a square or aren't a power of two?
I'm pretty sure most engines don't work with textures that aren't power of two.

so I've been trying out blender for a while now, and i just want to ask: how do you make a texture for the WHOLE thing? seriously i'm clueless

so I've been trying out blender for a while now, and i just want to ask: how do you make a texture for the WHOLE thing? seriously i'm clueless
is the whole thing one object?