Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3822117 times)

took a 3d model of a tank and printed it out today

um actually thats not a tank it's an assault gun

stug can still be considered under the category of tanks (Armoured tracked vehicles) which I'm sure taya knows

like they have different roles but they're still technically a tank but just manufactured for different uses

Depends entirely on what it's for
not for a game
just for posing and stuff I guess
but also maybe for a game..... idk

also should it be part of the actual character or should it be a separate object??

not for a game
just for posing and stuff I guess
but also maybe for a game..... idk

also should it be part of the actual character or should it be a separate object??
do you want to be able to show more skin? like rolling up sleeves and stuff. In most cases you'd just take a plane over it and delete the flesh underneath. That way when you're posing there won't be skin sticking through the clothing and stuff.

Single face thick until it gets to like the ends, then pull it in and create 3D around like the cuffs of sleeves and such.

do you want to be able to show more skin? like rolling up sleeves and stuff.
yeah maybe. probably. possibly. I might even need to be able to remove the shirt entirely
so I think I'll model it as a separate part. thanks

stug can still be considered under the category of tanks
no it can't

it's either an assault gun or self propelled gun depending on which cannon it has mounted.

no it can't

it's either an assault gun or self propelled gun depending on which cannon it has mounted.

yes but you get what I mean

like lets say a panzer 38 (t)

thats a tank

take off the turret and put a 75mm on the hull and its a jagdpanzerTD, at least thats a good example I think.

its in technical terms still a tank, I don't know it always bugged me with stuff like that how its still a tank but classified as something else
I guess for something like a priest that would make sense
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:15:00 PM by Badger »

I don't want to rain on your semantics

but to the layman, that's a tank

its in technical terms still a tank
in technical terms it is not a tank.
but to the layman, that's a tank

what Im trying to convey

That camera beard needs to be higher up

yes it is a 3D model. I don't know of any easier way to animate something like that to be honest

it was inspired by this, but I doubt that was the first time such a design had been made

I think it's just me but the outer triangeles seem to be too far from the middle ones when they are closest to them.