Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3849988 times)

why'd you stop using hexagons for the barrels?
most likely to make it more low poly

most likely to make it more low poly
that would make the tiniest of differences. it's probably because he thinks is looks better

why'd you stop using hexagons for the barrels?
1. It honestly fits the overall style more-- makes it look more blocky
2. Some barrel+flash hider combos resulted in a high-ish amount of polygons; not very efficient for what they are
3. It makes creating unique flash hiders more difficult and I wanted that challenge lol

I think square barrels look better than hexagon or octagon barrels in most situations.

Unfinished
Should I remove the grip or keep it there?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:33:52 AM by pwnfulz »

Maybe make it look like it's more of a part of the weapon like how AKs have foregrips; but it's not required.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:34:43 AM by master king deaddude »

the pattern on her scarf thing is a placeholder

Nice, I enjoyed that character. You gonna do any 3D shaded renders, or toon shading only?

Any 3d modelers interested in working on a superhero themed MOBA (dota/lol style game) send me a pm and I can let you know some more details.
(It will be built in Unity, so pretty much any modeling software will do; blender, etc)
(as Unity makes it easy to crossplatform stuff, ill be prefering lowpoly stuff as that goes to mobile better if this project ever goes that far)
(I need both environment assets and characters)
(No pay, even if I release the game it will be free unless there is an online multiplayer version which may cause some sort of profit in which case you would get paid some percentage we can agree about However right now plans are to make a local multiplayer game, as there are not enough of those and I have been pissed off about this fact)