Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3852873 times)

the helmet is quite a bit big
I mainly wanted to show off it's fixed but I did notice the size. I'll work on it when I get home though!

Technically a cross-post, but some of you guys might be interested.

this is godly. you're godly.

I also got something else that is special c:

Bike Pack - Vespa (View in 3D)

hopefully part of a laser weapon set.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:31:13 PM by Conan »

woah dude thats super sick

Did you get inspiration from the XCOM 1 laser rifle?

Did you get inspiration from the XCOM 1 laser rifle?
more like xcom enemy unknown but yeah

trog im gonna need ur help in figuring out how to export these correctly again i totally forgot how lmao

[im]http://i.imgur.com/Rshv3gf.png[/img]

hopefully part of a laser weapon set.
this is a good model

trog im gonna need ur help in figuring out how to export these correctly again i totally forgot how lmao
i really want to make another tutorial because demians has all pictures broken

still working on this

darth vader and obi wan light sabers

they're basically modified versions of anakins and lukes but i mean thats what they were like in the movies am i right???

i really want to make another tutorial because demians has all pictures broken

those are good models

:c
i think its just cause everyone knows ur a really good modeler and has seen a ton of your work that the quality is so standard we barely even notice it lmao

A low poly revolver I made in 7 and a half hours over the course of the last week. Recorded the whole thing from start to finish and will put a sped up version on Youtube soon.

And before you say anything yes 3.3k triangles is low poly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:21:48 AM by Punchbuggy »

Revolver I made in 7 and a half hours over the course of the last week. Recorded the whole thing from start to finish and will put a sped up version on Youtube soon.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/GopGZlqqVyrFtRccO0nVDmVMRthM8MH68ZoSPEkKpuURxHP3vtfARHfk913F4w7M/file
image link is broken, but link works.

goddamn this is really good, just like your e-11 blaster. the only thing i dont like is how thin the revolver is - it looks correctly scaled though.

what modeling software do you use? is there any good texturing/materials tutorial I could look at, if i want to make renders look as good/realistic/gritty/metallic/whatever as yours?

Fixed the link, been a while since I used dropbox. Its only a little .38 special revolver, but I can see how it might be a touch thin.

I use Maya for my modeling and Substance for baking/texturing, you will see my workflow when I get the video out. In the meantime look into PBR texturing workflows.