The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854293 times)

It's an iOS app called polygonify. It's free and you can email the .obj files you made to yourself.
*shiver* how do you even do that.

New pwane.

dont talk stuff about the jug

DON'T MODEL ON YOUR PHONE
Why not?
*shiver* how do you even do that.
Huh?

Reichtier, a rapier with a forgeted up crossguard thing resembling a swastika.

Actual Rapier

Above

Below, feat. unneeded detail
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:58:40 PM by Space1255 »

Two seater ground attack plane.

3d
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:08:38 PM by Siberian Husky »

Ive never understood how you make roosterpits out of models that were once solid :(
use boolean.

use boolean.
yeah no stuff

I mean what do you do with the boolean, what do you do after, etc etc

usually i'll make a copy of the area that i want to make the roosterpit in, parent it into a new mesh object, delete the faces (so i have the wireframe), and then shape the model i'll be using as a boolean.

then to confirm the final shape, just preview it in object mode (by derendering the cutout) and sometimes apply>copy>undo>paste and adjust as necessary.

i guess it helps a lot to have an understanding of negative space

ah alright I see what you mean. Maybe I could use that car I've been working on as practice

Also another question, when you make a material transparent, how do you get the transparency to show in the rendering? Also, is there any way to reduce noise in the render when using ambient occlusion? (aka pixelation in the shadows and far away objects)

ah alright I see what you mean. Maybe I could use that car I've been working on as practice

Also another question, when you make a material transparent, how do you get the transparency to show in the rendering? Also, is there any way to reduce noise in the render when using ambient occlusion? (aka pixelation in the shadows and far away objects)
uh, it should render as transparent if you enabled transparency and made it not opaque. its probably just not transparent enough to see well.

http://puu.sh/rDMvM/6ca42a9aca.jpg

make sure alpha is not 1. 1 is opaque. 0 is transparent.

to reduce noise increase number of samples in world settings, if you're using blender render.
http://puu.sh/rDMxy/89a5e8ea53.png

in cycles render it should be under scene.
http://puu.sh/rDMAX/0035fc5c03.png

You get much more controlled results if you make the mesh from scratch, which is what I always do. Maximum control = a better final product. Boolean is good for certain things, but I wouldn't recommend it for a roosterpit. A better approach would be to start with the floor and build up the walls around it, putting the roof on to top it all off (heh). If you're trying to cut a roosterpit out of a solid shape, similar to how an old Native American canoe might have been made, you're either A) in for a very long process in order to get anything usable, or B) going to end up with something clunky and ugly.

I did my vintage cars with the build-up method for interiors and those were a damn pain in the ass to actually make look decent but I understand what you're saying

Plus I want to try different methods, put your foot in the water so to speak

dont talk stuff about the jug

What r u talking about the jug was awesome

When I made the roosterpits I just put a plane above the wings inside the model and rest it on it and build up like BluetoothBoy said.