The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3862309 times)

vehicles that look like they're made of bricks 👍👍👍👍

looks great but the inconsistency with the lanes being the on/off ramps in the full clover but then having a third lane for part of the half clover is odd imo
I was gonna do lanes becoming offramps on all of them but that is physically impossible at the half clover part.

Literally not true

Blender is the most backwards 3D modeling program Ive ever used, and 3D modeling is my loving job right now.
And yes, 80% of it is remembering keybinds. I make bricks like Im playing a piano and I hate it.

Blender is the most backwards 3D modeling program Ive ever used, and 3D modeling is my loving job right now.
And yes, 80% of it is remembering keybinds. I make bricks like Im playing a piano and I hate it.
3D modeling is my job too and Blenders vertex based modeling is a godsent compared to the steaming pile of stuff called SolidWorks.

I've been using Blender for bricks, items, weapons, and i've even been using it for Source Engine stuff, remembering keybinds have been the least of my problems

Im partial to 3DSMax myself. More interface based.
Blender to me is like a programmer trying to use Unreal Engine.

3D modeling is my job too and Blenders vertex based modeling is a godsent compared to the steaming pile of stuff called SolidWorks.
solidworks is pretty forgetin legit tho, but i get you

discussion on modeling software is like discussion on whether or not pineapples on pizza is a good idea

or open curly braces getting a line by themselves or not

or vim vs emacs
or macos vs windows

Im partial to 3DSMax myself. More interface based.
Blender to me is like a programmer trying to use Unreal Engine.
also personally using autodesk programs to me is the same as your brown townogy regarding unreal engine so idk
i'll admit though i havent used 3dsmax before, only maya
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:02:05 PM by Conan »

based on some stuff i made in real life https://www.garycact.us/i/jM2-zguD.jpg
you can see all the bite marks. indubitable proof that much toothage was lost in the making of this

you can see all the bite marks. indubitable proof that much toothage was lost in the making of this
pff normie.. only real men take legos apart using teeth

click this pls (updated)
some parts look fast and that's the gif recorder's fault ok
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:15:27 AM by Falosaur »

i'll admit though i havent used 3dsmax before, only maya

Ill stand by that and say you are 100% correct. Maya is some weird stuff and does fit the brown townogy .

click this pls
some parts look fast and that's the gif recorder's fault ok
this looks awesome and if you made it my only criticism is that you should make it slightly closer to the camera

this looks awesome and if you made it my only criticism is that you should make it slightly closer to the camera
yeah i made the animations, and the model is from killing floor 2
i didnt want to put it too close because the slide would go into the camera and that would look weird :v

oh that makes sense. in terms of the animation, everything is perfect except the firing animation, which could use a little more kick upwards where the barrel is. the way you have it set up it looks impossibly compensated

yeah i already fixed that problem because my friend brought that up to me