The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3848641 times)

can i axe you guys a question

Looks cool but the edge of the blade is kinda dumb. Those extra faces look a little weird if I were you I'd adjust the size of the rough quadrilateral shape to be a rectangle rather than being a weirdly squished quadrilateral

It's hard to explain w/o pics. Basically the edge where the dark grey and the light gray meet should be paralell to the edge of the blade itself, for all three segments of the blade going down. If those are paralell it can be covered by one quad rather than two slightly rotated tris
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:42:00 AM by thegoodperry »

ignore phanto because it looks more hand made and flawed in its current state and judging from the splintering wood its supposed to look unkempt

No it doesn't? Those concave tris on the blade look more artificial than anything. A damaged blade would have like a chip missing from it, or maybe just be bent out of shape. It's not even physically possible to shape a blade that way nor is it practical because the wedge function of the ax is lost. If you try to cut a tree with an ax like that it'll leave a weird mark and won't even penetrate through the bark

The uneven tris aren't a stylistic choice, just a bug in the model or a compromise because the creator didn't know how to shape it correctly

to fix the "concave tris" you just smoothshade so its not really an issue.

and i've seen plenty of axes in videogames that look similar to that, idk what's your problem with it lol

Idk I guess I have polyautism. I just personally find it odd but I guess other people have no problem with it

I'll keep that in mind though my dudes! I think that was a relic from when I was reshaping it around and never noticed it.

https://gfycat.com/InsecureGeneralLeonberger
imagine if 911 was actually really just a huge stunt gone wrong and the pilots were trying to perform this maneuver in hopes of showing their support for the us and strengthening us/Saudi Arabia relations
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:36:33 AM by thegoodperry »