Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3910438 times)

welp.
i like to keep it simple, you see.

welp.
i like to keep it simple, you see.
-snip-

thats an interesting idea

thats an interesting idea
it's also my first model with the weirdass new blender. \o/

I had that idea too :c
it isn't very original.

Try to guess what it is.

WIP (about 20% done)

a sea plane.
or what's left of it anyway.

Meanwhile, at the factory...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:01:29 PM by Barakuda »

-snip-
The handle is too thick and some parts are too small, other than that, it's OK.

(Just please don't release it).

So I started to experiment with a curved handle and square hilt design for a sword.

The result?

Damn you, brain!

(note: I'm in the middle of resizing the square part so it's thinner, sort of like a shamshir with a short curved handle. That's why the base of it isn't flat right now. And before someone mentions it, yes, I loving love octagons hence why basically all my cylinders use eight sides.)

Finished.

Some sort of alien weapon. Due to the position of the two supports, it's often used to attempt to catch an attacker's blade in the center; this is because the supports stop a blade from coming too close to the user's hand. This of course takes considerable skill. Referred to in slang as a 'claw' due to the forward curve of the weapon and its slashing tips. Species of origin unknown. This is what I was thinking about while continuing along. It's better than thinking about the fact that I damn near modelled a carrot for its grip.

Who says that everything in the goddamn future is futuristic - species would develop at their own paces. This would have come from some sort of tribal species, possibly been a developed version of a weapon originally made for ritual combat. Who knows? Just musing. Anyway, my own thought is that it could use a bit of bevelling on the hilt to smooth the corners a bit. Any other thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:41:34 PM by M »