The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853564 times)

Haven't had the time to model, decided if I didn't do something, what little skill I have would deteriorate.

Simple hexagon-scape. Once I figure out how to make a sphere out of hexagons I'll be very happy. Soccer Ball.
I see what you did there. What kind of lights did you use, how many?

When I animate (not for Blockland) the textures on my stuff vanish.
Happens when I render one frame too.

I present to you...

the Nyan Gun!

If you want it as a weapon, PM me for the .obj.

umm idk should i just release it for the lols
Dat face.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:42:55 AM by Måster Blåster »

I present to you...

the Nyan Gun!
Nyannyan? :O
That looks pretty nice actually. :P
Clever.

Nyannyan? :O
That looks pretty nice actually. :P
Clever.
Thanks, buddy.

I present to you...

the Nyan Gun!

[img ]http://puu.sh/B63n[/img]

If you want it as a weapon, PM me for the .obj.Dat face.

Model could use some work but nice idea, lol.

I see what you did there. What kind of lights did you use, how many?
Ahh yes, I was looking for your wallpaper, I'd seen other things like it and decided to make one myself =)
Most of the light in that scene is environment light, and with the object being glossy, it lit up quite well, but I have two other lights in the scene, one close to the first hill near the camera, and another just over the dip between the two hills, I tried to focus light there to draw the eye to the hill in the bottom right, so they can follow the wave of the hills for what I plan to add into the hills later =P

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:12:34 PM by Lunar »

who's that?
Frogfreak or something, I think he was working on a mech a few pages back.

Frog's been active on his weapon topic.
But not really here i guess.

click for full size (if you want to anyway)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:11:24 PM by Lunar »

I've dicided to start a creation of a low poly game. Not really sure how it will turn out, but I'm at the bouncing of ideas stage right now. Coming up with some character concept right now.

I've seen your work, Lunar.  I must say I am quite impressed. Do you have steam?

nice pun, I think what your talking about is sss, sub serf scattering. I'm not sure if cycles can do that yet. I'll do some research.
Sub Surface Scattering has been in Blender internal renderer for a long time now.

Rendering with cycles, how the heck can I make the effect of a lampshade, so light can pass through a face, adopt the color of that face, and shine on a surface?
Caustics. I suggest using the Full Global Illumination for rendering anyways. Just remember that rendering caustics takes forever.