Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3930530 times)

I started using this 6 slice style and it looks really good

So guys Verold is like really cool and stuff so I put a few of those guns you've seen me make on it and its like wo' thats' cool stuff man.
Note its like 57~ MB so like yeah expect it to take a second to load.
Click the image for the link

show me a gun with 10 slices and i will show you a gun that is too round to be flatshaded tastefully

and besides what's that gotta do with my stuff being fat
Phat is a term I use to describe your modeling style. It does not carry a negative connotation.

I made a new thing with 6 slice cylinders.

I made a new thing with 6 slice cylinders.
The whole gun is just ugly overall. Doesn't look like you put much time into it to be honest.

My modeling skills are going up.

Tonkka. What do you have to say?
Bull Dog invited me to his private server to test something. Aside from that, for fun, he wanted me to click a treasure brick made out of bricks.
When I clicked it, MY Weapon_snake (No shame in saying I made a unreleased weapon_snake)   popped out. Not the rounded snake you have, but MY Weapon_snake. Bull Dog told me Tonkka (you) gave it to him. This leads to me that you have used my snake model and kill icon. It appears your version of my snake is a melee weapon. Uses the same model and killicon, but its a melee weapon with different sounds.
I did not give you permission to use my model and killicon.

So to sum it up: You stole my snake model, POSSIBLY rounded it to post on this topic plus a new mountPoint, and used my model (unrounded) to make a snake melee weapon.

Bull Dog invited me to his private server to test something. Aside from that, for fun, he wanted me to click a treasure brick made out of bricks.
When I clicked it, MY Weapon_snake (No shame in saying I made a unreleased weapon_snake)   popped out. Not the rounded snake you have, but MY Weapon_snake. Bull Dog told me Tonkka (you) gave it to him. This leads to me that you have used my snake model and kill icon. It appears your version of my snake is a melee weapon. Uses the same model and killicon, but its a melee weapon with different sounds.

So to sum it up: You stole my snake model, POSSIBLY rounded it to post on this topic plus a new mountPoint, and used my model (unrounded) to make a snake melee weapon.

For your information, the kill icon matches the default sword kill icon, so on melee weapons its the sword icon for default, unless you change it to a custom one, what means that new add on makers usually have a sword kill icon on their weapons, because they dont know/want to change it to a custom one.

For your information, the kill icon matches the default sword kill icon, so on melee weapons its the sword icon for default, unless you change it to a custom one, what means that new add on makers usually have a sword kill icon on their weapons, because they dont know/want to change it to a custom one.

I have a custom kill icon on my Weapon_snake. And Tonkka's kill icon IS THE EXACT SAME CUSTOM ICON.

I have a custom kill icon on my Weapon_snake. And Tonkka's kill icon IS THE EXACT SAME CUSTOM ICON.
Unless you have your own Weapon_snake in your add-ons and the server you were on used Tonkka's Weapon_snake in which case Tonkka's weapon was used but you saw your kill icon because client side files take priority over server side files. Only you saw your kill icon and everyone else who did not have your Weapon_snake saw Tonkka's kill icon.

Stealing snake add-ons

Of all models who in there right mind would steal a snake?

would it be possible for someone to make a high-poly model into a low-poly model?
my intentions are to lower it because shapeways is really expensive with the more detail it has. i've got a model directly from a game and i want the polies lowered so i can 3d print it.
could anyone help?
There's fairly little I can do without removing major detail. I could try reducing some faces and removing some small details like the fish hooks but that's about it. What's the poly limit on the maximum amount you're willing to pay?

When I clicked it, MY Weapon_snake (No shame in saying I made a unreleased weapon_snake)  popped out. Not the rounded snake you have, but MY Weapon_snake. Bull Dog told me Tonkka (you) gave it to him. This leads to me that you have used my snake model and kill icon. It appears your version of my snake is a melee weapon. Uses the same model and killicon, but its a melee weapon with different sounds.

I don't even know what to say to this. I'm sitting here playing GTA 3 when my caasin tells me to go bowling that you're saying i ran away with your snake and showed it off to everyone and called it mine for respect (???). He also said that you think i stole it from some cache.bullstuff file. I don't know where you're getting this "i stole your CI" thing from, but i used the basic script pack where you have to just overwrite "YourWeaponNameHere" with whatever your weapon is called.

Here are pictures of the unfinished version of the thing

They both came from my puu.sh account

Here is the .dts in my models folder

I don't know where my MS3D file is

Apparently i overwrote the "richard Pistol.ms3d" with it. If you look at the date its from the same day and same time.

Bottom line is that i didn't steal your snake. Good night everyone.

The whole gun is just ugly overall. Doesn't look like you put much time into it to be honest.
I'm just starting out man, gohhh.

I'm just starting out man, gohhh.

I love the gun personally, it just looks so... special, I would appreciate if you would package it into a real gun, I would find an use to it.