Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853869 times)

you didn't really need to quote and unresize the whole image
eventually, probably, if i ever finish it
I'm not offended I'm just on the other side of the table my friend, I have the rights to defend something I think differently about, yes I make vehicles but people can be very ignorant about them and I wanted to express my words about this, I bet you didn't even read almost anything.

carcigarettes pls begone

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:00:31 PM by Treti »

I bet you didn't even read almost anything.
hahahaha
why would i have read any of it
your opinion doesn't matter to me

carcigarettes pls begone

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
What so you just want us to stop making vehicles for the community, and let you weapon makers out there just fill the entire community with duplicated weapons like AK-47's among other modern warfare guns that we already have billions of them?! Did you even notice that all of us vehicle makers out there don't make the exact same thing like the Bengs Gunloader, Nakata Hydric and load, NHM Bolt and Raptor? What about the superkart? Even the American Speedster PVC quadracycles I've been working on. Did anyone else make this? No. None of us made duplicates unlike you guys.

carcigarettes pls begone
what if I'm both a carcigarette and a guncigarette? :c

I for one welcome any modeler and their models in add-ons whether it be guns, cars, player models or whatever.
Mostly because everyone puts at least his/her own style into it.
So even if there are already add-ons that are inspired on the same thing, they still differ in some way, model or handling.
I would love to see more originality in both vehicles and weapons, but i will not be angry if not everyone can think of something completely new and less inspired by other games/real life.
Why can't we all just accept each other and each others' choices. :C
Why would it be a problem what people make models of, we all do it because we like to make models of certain things.

-snip-
Hey hey hey! You actually got to taste your own poison huh?
Countless times I've seen you come here and say things like "Oh, hey it's another generic weapon." or "Wow! It's not like I've seen this before!".
You were so busy making jokes about weapons that you forgot you were tracing the same path, It's not funny when someone gets bashed because what they made has been done before, but I guess you understand that now.

You guys are just throwing stuff back and forth.
This topic is supposed to show off models to the rest of the forums.
You guys should criticize more on the quality of the models then what the model is supposed to be.
Gun people are mad at vehicle people and vehicle people are mad at gun people, yes, both have thrown the same argument.
And to an extent, they both are not completely wrong, nor are they completely right.
But if both parties just accepted each other and stopped throwing the "generic" comment to each other's work, this could be a lot better for both parties.

"its all tha saym gunz!!!"
yes there are duplicate guns in blockland, but they all have different feels to them, unlike vehicles
and even with duplicates, there's still more interesting and original guns out there then cars

The problem with vehicles is that the BL physics engine is too precise for any sort of "handling", and thus everything drives like the jeep, but looks prettier and has sounds. If the physics engine got an overhaul, so would vehicles.

The problem with vehicles is that the BL physics engine is too precise for any sort of "handling"
uh what
that doesn't make any sense

do you mean specialized, maybe?

Respectively, I agree with you Felipe, but for the most part, there are a lot of things I have to point out.

Just keep in mind if I'm calling something useless or dumb, does not mean I'm against it.

Funny for you to say that, I see the same type of weapons (AK47, glock, RPG-7 and others mostly) being made hundreds of times using a very similar style of shooting, you can't say that's not "hundreds of weapons that have no big differences between them other than the quality of the models or if they use hands or not".
Honestly, it's hard to link two guns together in this game unless they're very bare-bones. Many are very unique in their styles, often with different gun mechanics, giving a different play style and making players learn their weapons a little bit. The same could be said about cars, right? Well -- sort of! Cars are very simple in this game, you don't have realistic behavior you find in other racing games. You don't have to worry about gears, you don't have to worry about going too fast and drifting too hard, you don't have to worry about anything. The controls are simple and the worries are limited, therefore making cars extremely simple, and all around very dumbed down you could say. I'm not even going to bring up hands because they're handicapped and very frowned upon. I'm not huge on them in vehicles, either.

there is thousands of machine guns, shotguns, sniper rifles, and so much more being done for Blockland, "why so if we could just use that massive weapon pack which is used by many and have all the types of weapons? Better yet why bother we have those old Kaje's weapons that have each type of gun, that can do the trick", this is basicly what you're saying but for cars, unlike you there is a part of the community which loves cars and actually can see how handy they could be for any situation, cars of any type that could be used in so many ways in different types of servers, or they have a dream car that always wanted to see in the game, some get lucky to even see that dream car or something similar being developed, we just basicly makes cars for those people to add some variety (Garry's Mod has a bunch of cars) and who needs a different car other than a jeep for it's server or video making, same reason why all of those weapon modders are here, variety.
I claimed earlier that I don't mind your hobby and you can do as you wish. I too would love to see certain cars be developed and brought into the game, but they merely at act as art to me (and possibly others). What do I mean by art? Let's say someone asked you to draw your favorite cat. They draw your favorite cat and you're very fond of it, it's a pretty picture of a cat on a sheet of paper. What else can you do with it? Play with it, improve it, perhaps show it to others if you're willing to do so. Cars are treated the same way in this game, like art. They're created, shown to others and perhaps given claps for, but beyond that they're useless. There's hardly a time where these vehicles are used (don't get me wrong, it's totally possible to use them) because the physics are terrible, and the networking isn't the greatest, making races, and any vehicle related activity, pretty horrible unless you're doing this alone. But indeed, variety is delicious, and doesn't hurt to have, but creating cars that only look different, but perform no different function is useless. Providing the argument that people who make guns that have already been created is a terrible argument, because you have the power to make vehicles different and/or unique.

Vehicles like those could be used not only for "spinning around in circles on a slate" but for video making, for racing, and for anything that when a server needs that type of vehicle (hence CityRPG with it's needs for taxis and police cars, cops and robbers needing fast cars to escape and police cars to stop the robbers, military vehicles for a TDM server, and so much more)Everyday we're developing new things that can open new possibilities for vehicles, hands on the steering wheel, steering wheel animation, a smoother and more realistic handling, brakelights that turns on when you press the brake, engine sounds, tire skidding sounds, customization support, suspensions and openable doors support, guns? I see plenty of modern warfare guns packs which uses ammo, shakes your screen when you shoot it, have an aiming option when you press right, is heavily inspired by COD or Battlefield games, some uses hands and have the exact same weapons on the package that have been used in every shooting game ever since, what's that? the majority of weapon packs do that? Well that's very interesting and unique.
Vehicles do not work well considering physics and networking in racing or city role-plays, leaving it to the options you listed which rarely exist on the server list. We do not have cops and robbers servers, decent team deathmatches are hard to come across, and videos is something unique to you and several other players, making it a dumb argument.

You, and others, do not develop new things everyday. More than half the features you listed are purely visual, still leaving vehicle mechanics useless. If you used the guns more, and were open to guns, and possibly paid attention more -- you would realize that they're not based off the Call of Duty franchise or the Battlefield franchise.

It doesn't look like you've done very much research based on guns.

Also: if I'm incorrect on networking, please correct me.

The problem with vehicles is that the BL physics engine is too precise for any sort of "handling", and thus everything drives like the jeep, but looks prettier and has sounds. If the physics engine got an overhaul, so would vehicles.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. If it was too precise, we wouldn't have this problem. We're running on a very outdated engine, not a precise one.

You guys are just throwing stuff back and forth.
This topic is supposed to show off models to the rest of the forums.
You guys should criticize more on the quality of the models then what the model is supposed to be.
Gun people are mad at vehicle people and vehicle people are mad at gun people, yes, both have thrown the same argument.
And to an extent, they both are not completely wrong, nor are they completely right.
But if both parties just accepted each other and stopped throwing the "generic" comment to each other's work, this could be a lot better for both parties.
There have been several cases I've caught both sides flinging stuff as one another, but said nothing. I think it'd be nice to bring out a little insight on both sides.

edit: grammatical errors!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:24:00 PM by YK »

I thought this was the 3d model topic, not the debate megathread

I think Filipe's vehicles are ugly and all look the same imo