The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853728 times)

Filipe, do a v8 motorcycle and I'll love you forever.

Filipe, you sure are puttin' out models awful quick these days. :)

Also, mech:

Going for the "practical mech" style rather than the "cool, but has useless features like hands and a head" style. Because "realism". B^)

Going for the "practical mech" style rather than the "cool, but has useless features like hands and a head" style. Because "realism". B^)

:u

But hands would be very useful, or even just claws I suppose.
(Not bashing your design, just saying)

Yeah, one thing I really like about Titans in Titanfall is that not only is the human aspect well justified (Pilots mostly use motion controls and a cerebral uplink) but the lack of bolted on equipment means that they can pick up weapons on the fly in the field, and it also lends them a certain level of maneuverability that a platform on legs simply can't achieve.

Yeah, one thing I really like about Titans in Titanfall is that not only is the human aspect well justified (Pilots mostly use motion controls and a cerebral uplink) but the lack of bolted on equipment means that they can pick up weapons on the fly in the field, and it also lends them a certain level of maneuverability that a platform on legs simply can't achieve.
ta-t-tabby, are you really back :<

ta-t-tabby, are you really back :<
Yes, I'm finally breaking out my Final Form, registered six years ago because I didn't know how to computer.

Speaking of Titanfall, this is almost done with.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:48:07 PM by Kishgal »

:u

But hands would be very useful, or even just claws I suppose.
(Not bashing your design, just saying)
oh army

forever in our hearts

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:24:27 AM by BlockAlpha »

hooray

many modelers here on the forums are not very good when it comes to color schemes; taboo is not one of those modelers

excellent contrast and variance between the greys, and the woods lower saturation balances out the sights' higher saturation nicely

i also see you're starting to use squares and pentagons more for details over hexagons or octagons, good move

not that I disagree that taboo is good but he based that on something else

the colors were already chosen