Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3916535 times)

Bumping thread from second page with Cat related content.

I call it the Triggering Tiger  :iceCream:
Now if only I knew how to turn it into a real boy gun

MOTHER OF GOD. A handheld Panzer Cannon... Jezuz

duel me no pray or armor kid

What do you guys think about MakeHuman?

As in, do you consider it lazy or unethical to use?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:51:02 PM by ZombiLoin »

What do you guys think about MakeHuman?

As in, do you consider it lazy or unethical to use?

It's a tool.

Ethics and laziness really depend on what you're doing. If you're making a game as the artist and use makehuman for all of your characters without doing anything to them then yeah, that's lazy, if you don't acknowledge that you used makehuman to make them then that's unethical.

If you're using make human to set up a scene with different kinds of people and then go in and pose them, dynamesh and sculpt over them and all that jazz then all you have is a basemesh generator, not unethical just recognize that it's not all your work.

if you don't acknowledge that you used makehuman to make them then that's unethical.
That's not unethical. It doesn't hurt anyone. The only way it could be unethical is if someone's paying you to make a character from scratch and then you use it.

That's not unethical. It doesn't hurt anyone. The only way it could be unethical is if someone's paying you to make a character from scratch and then you use it.

It also hurts the perception of skill that you have.

I don't like to rely on things like that anyways knowing the ins and outs of stuff especially human topology is always good so using make human for topology study is a good use of it I guess.

[img ]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/152259396/MiscGaystuff/RealMiscGaystuff/potupkid.png[/img]
duel me no pray or armor kid
AMAZING

Still trying to get the gif down.

Make the PLZ-45 and ZTZ-96 that never was.

Procedural textures and mesh displacement.