The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853761 times)

I tried to animate it but idk if it's good.

I problem I'm definitely having right now is keeping the feet steady and flat, perhaps my animation technique is the problem. Maybe I need to learn how to make an IK rig in blender.
Feel free to critique.
The problem is the motion of putting its foot down is way to fast, and everything else is too fast in general

double the timeframe for each foot, and also double the time it takes for it to put down the foot from raised

you can use scale in the timeline - it scales relative to your current frame (the green bar)

snip
Nice model - but on actual AT ATs I don't think the leg goes backwards or at an angle as its lifted - which might be the issue.

How big will the AT-AT even be to a Blocklander

How big will the AT-AT even be to a Blocklander
If the model's bricks/studs are to scale with Blockland's bricks i'd say it's scale is like an actual Lego AT-AT

Actually it is one foot at a time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnl9ffCfrsc

forget I GOT THE ORDER OF THE LEGS WRONG

edit: unless you mean the motorized lego version where it alternates between 2 legs at a time. I have to redo the animation anyways so whatever you guys want.
wow, i never realized how choppy the animation was in that part of the movie.

How will the collision mesh work in blockland? Will it be one giant cube or is it possible to do a different collision mesh for each leg & then the body?

Playertype collision has to be a rectangle with dimensions of w x w x h (square base, any height), but since its likely to be a movie set piece it should be okay. If it is a vehicle however it can be any reasonably-simple shape, and the head can rotate independently as some sort of bot turret.

Newer animation with IK rigging

the leg snapping is kinda off putting - see if you can change the interpolation between the frames to make it smoother?

Since I love bragging with my models. (pls rate it am skeptical tho)

heads will roll.
not for blockheads though

i made it in maya. pretty toon-ish, isn't it?

Newer animation with IK rigging
I feel the body should at least move a little bit, right now it looks like its locked in place and the legs are dangling below it.