Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853291 times)

can someone give me some quick help on "weapon anatomy" and "how to make your guns look cool" or "futurustic" or "realistic" because all i can make is this

excuse me is that a loving camera

guns have a grip, a longish body depending on whether its a rifle, and a muzzle. stocks are optional but make the gun look bigger and more powerful. forestocks make the gun look accurate and somewhat bulky.

if you want to make a futuristic looking gun, take a normal or old gun and add stuff to it.

all george lucas did was add a cool looking scope and a forestock and instantly you have a futuristic gun

thanks so much for the feedback on my new car guys i'll be sure to follow your instructions to improve it

thanks so much for the feedback on my new car guys i'll be sure to follow your instructions to improve it
childish

can someone give me some quick help on "weapon anatomy" and "how to make your guns look cool" or "futurustic" or "realistic" because all i can make is this
that's not a gun... but i love it

if you want to make a futuristic looking gun, take a normal or old gun and add stuff to it.

better yet: take a nerf gun and add stuff to it.

take a stuff and add gun to it

excuse me is that a loving camera
no its an old computer monitor
that's not a gun... but i love it
its a gun??
guns have a grip, a longish body depending on whether its a rifle, and a muzzle. stocks are optional but make the gun look bigger and more powerful. forestocks make the gun look accurate and somewhat bulky.
all george lucas did was add a cool looking scope and a forestock and instantly you have a futuristic gun
oh ok that makes sense (odd thing is i actually know how to draw futuristic guns (sortof) but i cant model them)

yo if people want to comment on your stuff they would. complaining doesn't change anything

either people don't really care or they dont have anything to say. i for one had no comment to make cause i have no experience modeling cars

bushido a while back talked about how he designed guns. general idea is figuring out whats the biggest unique part of the gun and emphasizing that with size and griblets. always helps to have reference images as well.

you'll also probably use a lot of extrude tool to shape the stock and gun body so its not just flat.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:44:45 PM by Conan »

try using reference images, draw one yourself or take one from the internet

well aside from references and such, where do you guys start with the model when you want to model?
besides guns, etc, for example if i want to model a hat, do i just start with a cylinder? or should i start with flat 2d planes?
heres a hat

if you were to model this hat, where would you start? i'd like to know because i want to learn the optimal way to start models because im not good at that

you can use any 3d software to do what i did. it goes by really fast and easy when you use it a lot, i've been using sketchup for 6 years and this took 2 minutes to make