Author Topic: Suggestion: Fiber Farms  (Read 1163 times)

I've got a great idea. In the swamp area instead of all those trees, make a it fiber that is like the boxes it allways comes back.  :cookieMonster:

compleatly, utter pointless. What the heck would that help, when you already make 300-1000 fibers on a soletary farm?

i don't know how to find the fiber

Fibre spawns randomly on the map. You can make more faster if you start a fibre farm.

Aren't you that creepy Lotto guy? 

EEEK EEK EEEK EEK :D if he is omfg rUn! *runs awwat screaming "Its the lotto man of teh opocolypse"* lmao

[Vesa's steps for making a perfect fiber farm]

Step 1: Obtain fiber.

Obtaining fiber is as simple or complex as locating a solitary tree. You can also sometimes find it in a shop for a (sometimes) reasonable price.

Step 2: Find a remote location to plant fiber.

To avoid other people harvesting YOUR fiber, you should find a location that nobody would think to look, as long as you can remember where it is. I used to do it behind the beach house, but the blue slimes made me nervous. They're fast little things.

Step 3: Plant fiber.

After securing a good location, proceed to plant your fiber, but don't use all of it in case your 'garden' is discovered by an exploring player. Wait for monster to spawn, kill it quickly then plant a row of seven to twelve fibers, depending on how many you have. Then wait for monster to spawn again and repeat process.

Note: You do NOT want to be busy planting fibers when a monster spawns. The time it takes between spawns is about 30 seconds from what i've counted.

Step 4: Patience, grasshopper!

Fiber takes a while to grow completely. I'd say 2 to 3 hours. If the trees look full, kill one. If it doesn't drop fiber, come back in about 20 or 30 minutes and try again. What you do in between these times is up to you, but I wouldn't recommend trying to stand around for that long!

Final Step: Collect your harvest!

Return to garden location, wait for monster to spawn. After killing it, destroy about 10 of the plants at a time, collect the goods then wait for another spawn, repeat process. If you're successful, all of your planted fiber plants will give you 3 times what you originally had!

[End]

I hope you find this useful!

It takes about an hour for them to grow. They turn light green and the stems turn from dark green to light brown. and the number of fibers you get out of it is usually 2-3 times the amount you planted.

they look like regular fiber plants..