Author Topic: Items of Interest...  (Read 1657 times)

1: I've noticed that a certain mineral extracted from rocks serve no purpose in crafting whatsoever; Celite. (SP?)

It's the one mineral that I obtain that cannot be used to make anything.

-- Here come the suggestions... --

2: New metal - Titanium, Silver, Platinum (Extremely expensive, talking 1200 a bar), Bronze, Trinite (Something I came up with myself, black colored metal, stronger than titanium)

3: Jewels (For embedding?) Perhaps special rocks that spawn very rarely that contain 1 to 3 jewels such as Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, ETC. Perhaps one would be able to embed them into weapons? Like into the blade of a sword. Whether or not they should effect the properties of the weapon can be discussed?

4: Accessories - Pendants, earrings, rings, bracelets, ETC.

5: Slight tweek to dye droprate in certain areas. Maybe by another 2% or so.

6: Dynamite be used to blow up rocks instead of trees (Being able to break a huge boulder with a sword makes no sense when it takes a stick of Dynamite to take out a tree. Just saying.. >>)

7: Slight tweek to number of rock growths, add a few, just a few, I beg of you. >_<;

8: Spears, Axes, A mace that isn't a police baton would be nice, dagger thats not for throwing, katar (google it, too hard to explain).

9: Shorten the time it takes for fiber to grow by a bit. Just a little bit.

10: I know this would be difficult to do but i'ma throw it out there anyways. Lighting bolt spell and/or fire wall spell.

11: Nasty suprises! Ever crack open rocks and crates without a care in the world? Make it a lil more interesting and add a very small chance a monster will pop out instead! The monster, of course, having a chance to drop a dye or mineral in double quanity to reward their efforts, and perhaps double gold.

12: Armor to wear over clothing. The thought of doing this probably makes you bang your head on a wall but where theres a will, theres a way. Armor design is hard, I know, but not impossible. Make somebody else do it for you. XD

-- Added Suggestions --

13: Proximity explosives, like land mines. Visable, of course. Smaller damage radius than Dynamite.

-- End Suggestions --

Note: Before you start bashing me with "That ideas been posted!" or "That's stupid!" or "I'm going to attempt to insult your idea while making myself look cool!", please note I did NOT read many previous topics. I don't know if a Suggestion Box topic has been made or not, I didn't see one stickied so i'm assuming there isn't one. I do realize that the chance of some of these suggestions being taken into notice by Badspot is slim to none, but, anything worth dreaming is worth going for. All of my suggestions are just that; suggestions. They were not made with the intention to place pressure on Badspot or any other involved personell, they are just suggestions. Intelligent comments welcome, aggressively conflictive comments not welcome. Constructive critCIAm welcome. Thank you.

~ Vesa. <3
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:04:47 PM by Vesa »

this is how a real suggestion should be done

* The Unknown qucikly adds down loaction for future reference.

This dood is an AOT O.G and knows what he's talking about.

Celitite or Cessurite, or whatever it is called, when crushed up and combined with some other compounds, forms an explosive. So eventually home-brewed dynamite sticks will be available.

well i like the emralds and stuff it could like boost something on the sword.

And now i will insult you will making myself look better XD
most of it suked but my ideas rock better :D j/k but alot of it is kinda dumb like braclets and earing?
rings are normal.

auctly, earing should be visual, including the rings. Now that would be cool, but perhaps laggy :/

auctly, earing should be visual, including the rings. Now that would be cool, but perhaps laggy :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laggy

Well, the bracelets were inspired by another game I played: Asheron's Call, which I no longer play due to expenses. Anyways, bracelets might add certain effects, and not be visable, or might/might not add effects and remain visable, in either case any physical or visual advantages would be justified for the price of crafting, which would be fairly high. Same deal with the earrings.

The earrings were inspired by a non-pay to play game which I frequently play. In that game they are extemely hard to obtain, and they can't be crafted. They are obtained from a quest or are dropped by hard to find and hard to kill boss monsters. They basicly were enchanted to reduce the amount of damage the player took. Applying any effects on AoT would have to be minimal for fairness, if any effects were applied at all, and of course, like the bracelets, would be expensive to make.

Necklaces also came from Asheron's Call and had many varieties of enchantments. I believe they would be best applied non-visually with tiny stat enhancements, as the necklace appearing visable might cause a conflict with the clothing meshes which would cause them to distort, depending on the method of application, and, you guessed it, very expensive to craft.

Or you could just skip the jewelry and just use jewels in the same way they're used on Diablo 2 with weapons. Either way, it's not my call, just my suggestion.

List updated.

Edit Note: It's handicapped, I know, but my friend wouldn't shut up til I added it. =\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:07:33 PM by Vesa »