Author Topic: Retail Discussion!  (Read 52932 times)

I don't see the resemblance Skylord.

I don't see the resemblance Skylord.

Here, I made one transparent and overlapped them so you can see it better:

:cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:

Sorry for the small bump.

My main concern is how well it will work with macs. If it is using the newer version of tourque then the game should work on macs.
-Have you tested it on a mac?

I was also wondering about the keys ect. Will the different keys require a game mod for them to work?

If I wanted to mod a part of the game, will the script files open properly using the mac application?

If anyone can answer any of these questions it would be very much appreciated.

New picture (thats me driving, dressed as an escaped convict):

Addressing a few of Jay's questions:

I don't think we have tested Blockland Retail on a mac yet.

I don't understand your second question. If you want to bind different keys to different commands, like using ijkl or the arrow keys to move, or the mouse to place bricks, you don't need any special mods, there is a setting to change controls in game. If you mean non-standard keys, like volume/cd-drive controls, 4+ mouse buttons, or extra keys on foreign keyboards, I think you might have to edit the engine or something. I really have no clue.

You should be able to edit all files fine on a mac. Whether you will be able to run the game on the mac to test your changes or not, I'm not sure, but I'm fairly sure it was Badspot's intention to make Blockland compatible on both Windows and macs.

New picture (thats me driving, dressed as an escaped convict):

More like, "Hit the gas its the Blockland popazzi!!!" *crashes*

Mocheeze is dressed as an African nationalist, and Nitramj is.... Nitramj. Mocheeze is in the process of firing a missle at flipping Badspot's car with the destructo-wand. Right now, the missle launcher doesn't have its own model yet, and its way over powered. That will probably be fixed by the final release.

There are two kinds of wands, the blue wand, and the desctructo-wand. The normal wand only works on your bricks, or people who have given you permission to modify their bricks. The destructo-wand works like the old Blockland wand, it smashes all connected bricks, regardless of who owns them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:10:41 PM by Wedge »

But...where is Pinochet?

I see someone in the car infront of you in the pic. who's that?

The person in orange is me, the person next to me is Mocheeze, the person behind me is Nitramj. In the car next to me is Badspot and Rotondo.

I think Pload, Kaje, and entrepreneur in might have been in the server as well, but no one else is in jeeps.

To wedge:

On the rtb forums, mocheeze said that the retail version (the one you buy from garage games) would be available for macs, so I would guess that it would be necessary to test it on a mac, if it is was on the platforms.

And about the keys, my ibook has the F1 button as the lower screen display and F2 as the brighten screen display, as well as F3 F4 F5 for volume (mute, lower, raise) and F6 for num lock and F12 for eject disk. There is also no number pad so i would have to work past that.

I think there is a Mac Numpad addon, It Plugs in with a USB. Also The Blockmobile NANANANANA lol....

Are cars terrible still? In beta they get stuck, flip over, have so many gliches, plus its just plain hard to drive them. Please get decent veichles. Although in the pic the cars look like they hit each other and tipped which shows some realistic-ness.

The cars are way better in retail. I'm really enjoying being an African dictator and being driven around in them. >:)

Mocheeze eats babies!  Nice car by the way, when I get Retail I will resurrect the USS BENDER, I will update the control panel, and the crew's seats. maybe add some weapon pods. That way I won't look so much like an idiot for posting an "old school" build.