Retail Discussion!

Author Topic: Retail Discussion!  (Read 52921 times)

âstrô

They dont look 3d to me...

Maybe you could hax in a bump mapping thing into the engine?

I think you just really flattered Badspot. He's using a texture on those blocks, not 3d faces. :) I bet you've made him feel warm inside by thinking that he modelled those bumps. To me it looks like a texture though. (just a really sharp one)

They don't look 3d, I was just stating that it wouldnt be hard to make them 3d.  It probably would be better to do bump-mapping though.

Or just leave it the way it is, since I don't see anything wrong with it... And I'd rather just mod a texture than make bump map. I guess that's just because I've never made a bump map before... :P Probably isn't THAT hard. Maybe just a grayscale map or something (just off the top of my head).

Not to forget the obvious performance hit that bump mapping would bring over a texture.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 02:27:16 AM by mocheeze »

mocheeze whould you be modding the Retail BL? just wondering.. because of RTB and all... :P

I'll announce that we're going to be bringing RTB over into Retail, but that's all we're going to say for now. :)

I'll announce that we're going to be bringing RTB over into Retail, but that's all we're going to say for now. :)
Well it is hard to Announce that because you don't know what will be in Retail :D

Well it is hard to Announce that because you don't know what will be in Retail :D
We know that Lego stuff won't be in. :)

Quote from: mocheeze
We know that Lego stuff won't be in. :)

Or will it...? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN