Author Topic: Mabinogi  (Read 31021 times)

I think I'm restarting, I messed up quite a bit :( damn nexon, not letting me create new characters for free D:
Also, is the bank system multicharacter? Or can only one character access your bank?

I think I'm restarting, I messed up quite a bit :( damn nexon, not letting me create new characters for free D:
Also, is the bank system multicharacter? Or can only one character access your bank?
How badly did you mess up, and what do you mean? Skills? If so, list them.
You get one bank tab per character, and I think if you have extra storage service you can use all tabs on all characters.

I'll go fetch that stuff later, I forgot I had an old Nexon account from when I played Combat Arms (Ewwww)
So I'm using that for my new one

Edit: Where do I view screen shots?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:22:44 PM by Fizzles »

Edit: Where do I view screen shots?
My Documents -> Mabinogi -> Screenshots.

Click on the picture :D

As said in the topic, you can rebirth for free, putting you back to level 1, and rechoosing your age. Thus, you can just do that then get the skills you like.

I have a Nexon account and tried to play the game. Got choppy, almost-playable frame rates. Could not understand the fighting system.

Should I give it another try on my "real" computer?
The fighting system is better than most. Rather than double clicking on a monster and repeatedly pressing the highest DPS key, you actually have to use certain skills to beat other skills. Such as, smash beats defence, however a normal attack would easilly outmatch smash.

As said in the topic, you can rebirth for free, putting you back to level 1, and rechoosing your age. Thus, you can just do that then get the skills you like.
This. Even if this wasn't true, you did not mess up at all.
The only problem is your sharp mind level. I've heard that it's glitched, and lower ranks work better.
True or not, when you get better you don't even need sharp mind, as you learn how enemies behave.

You should get windmill - talk to Rbrown townd at the school in Tir about skills. The sooner you rank up windmill, the easier it will be.
And I would recommend you learn icebolt, as ice counter is the most useful strategy I've found, you can take on almost anything doing it. Hit with an icebolt, go straight into counter, as soon as counter hits, charge icebolt and repeat.

Just for comparison, here's my skills.
Not on screen because I have too many, and not enough time to crop together two :
Combat Mastery - Rank 9
Sharp Mind - Rank A :x
Critical Hit - Rank B
Smash - Rank E
Counter attack - Rank F
Rest - Rank F
Defense - Rank D
Campfire - Rank F

HiddenArcher <Alexina> Lv4

Eh, Ill post my skills also.
Will edit this post.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:51:13 AM by Eryehk »

Thank you for the advice, although I am enjoying my new character quite a bit.
I think I'm either going mage/warrior or range/warrior.

The only problem is your sharp mind level. I've heard that it's glitched, and lower ranks work better.
True or not, when you get better you don't even need sharp mind, as you learn how enemies behave.
Yes, I agree that knowing how the enemies behave works out much better than just having sharp mind.
However, I have noticed that it works much better at higher levels.

And I would recommend you learn icebolt, as ice counter is the most useful strategy I've found, you can take on almost anything doing it. Hit with an icebolt, go straight into counter, as soon as counter hits, charge icebolt and repeat.
I find the game much more fun by not doing ice counter, and there are a few bosses this most definently wont work on.

I am online again. Come join me if your online.

Oh yeah, the new account is Tater83

I find the game much more fun by not doing ice counter, and there are a few bosses this most definently wont work on.
The only things I can think of is things that are too fast for ice counter, and things that have mana reflector.
In which case i use fire counter :D

And lycanthropes. The only good strategy against those is windmill spam.
And stuff in Peaca. When I went there, everyone just windmill spammed, even the boss.