Author Topic: I seemed to have caught a cat.  (Read 12584 times)

So if a bear kills hundreds of fish per week, its no big deal? Nope, bears eat fish as a main resource of food.

But if a human kills one little cat (not endangered) its a big deal. Nope, humans kill for self protection and food.

pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Animals can store food just as well as humans, or look in a non-human-populated area, to AVOID being killed. HELL NO, animals would only eat humans if they are on the brink of death or we are threatening them. Other then that they do not care for us because we are almost never in their diet.

Suppose a crazed killer was kiling every one of your relatives one by one everyday, Would you kill him? or just let him keep killing your relatives until he eventually goes to kill you. Protecting the species is more important then letting nature be it's self. Also, a killer of our own species is diffrent then an animal killing. We kill for want and need while they kill only for need.

lol @ people getting so angry over this.

Just an interesting convo to me.

@madmitten:

chickens =/= humans

And bears kill fish to eat food. Cats kill chickens to eat food. He didn't kill the cat to eat food.

And, he never specified what his chickens are for.

Animals die, people kill animals, animals kill people. It's called the circle of life, it's how stuff works, get over it.

So it's okay that 30 chickens get slaughtered in cold blood because it's an animal doing it. Yet when a human kills one animal to defend those other chickens, it's not okay? Same ol PETA hypocritical bullstuff if you ask me.
The cat was wild, therefore, gathering food is alot more difficult than it is for humans. 

Regardless of the fact that I think it was wrong to kill the cat, instead of stopping it in a different way, I can see as to why he'd do it.  The thing that's really pissing me off is the fact that he decided to take a picture of it and show it to a community mainly compiled of 8-13 year olds.  I mean seriously, he killed the animal to save the chicken, but why in forget would he take a picture of it?  It shouldn't be something that he's proud of.

Animals die, people kill animals, animals kill people. It's called the circle of life, it's how stuff works, get over it.
Yeah, but ever since humans started killing at a constant rate(due to guns), the food chain has been forgeted up, and it's caused the overpopulation of certain animals.  Funny how the main excuse for killing animals for entertainment is something that humans caused.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:46:03 PM by Lalam24 »

@madmitten:

chickens =/= humans

And bears kill fish to eat food. Cats kill chickens to eat food. He didn't kill the cat to eat food.

And, he never specified what his chickens are for.
Well the chickens are for eggs or for slaughter, so the cat was killed so he could eat. Whether it be from the chicken itself or the profit they bring.

I agree with Venom. Unless you're all vegetarians/vegans, then more than likely you are eating a product of an animal which has died in order for you to feed.

I agree with Venom. Unless you're all vegetarians/vegans, then more than likely you are eating a product of an animal which has died in order for you to feed.
I don't think they ate the cat, nor sold it to be eaten.

I meant for the circle of life thing.

I don't think they ate the cat, nor sold it to be eaten.
Well the carcass will be eaten by scavengers, or if it was buried it will decompose and return nutrients to the earth.

Well the carcass will be eaten by scavengers, or if it was buried it will decompose and return nutrients to the earth.
Oh, but what if they saved it as a little trophy?  They obviously took pride in killing the thing.

I guess we'll have to ask Annoying Orangehet to find that one out.

Oh, but what if they saved it as a little trophy?  They obviously took pride in killing the thing.

I guess we'll have to ask Annoying Orangehet to find that one out.
You are trying too hard.

You are trying too hard.
You're trying to hard to band wagon.