1 (2.7%)
No...
1 (2.7%)
Nah. Too hard to make and no need.
4 (10.8%)
Never make this!
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Blockland Block Anti-Lag  (Read 5528 times)

I am suggesting a script that puts bricks into groups to make less lag in servers.
Bigger bricks are less laggier than small bricks. Why? If you get a regular 1x1 plate and make a whole wall with it, LAG. If you make it with one single big brick, no lag.
So maybe the bricks that are put side to side together would be called a "brick group." The script would take all the bricks touching the lead brick in the same direction would be in a group, like one huge brick. I have no idea if this is possible, but it would make servers a little less laggier. Kind of like Roblox, how you group models except in this script, it would sort of make the bricks into one single huge one. You may not really get what I am trying to say, but try to understand.

I'd like this, only not automatic. It would kinda suck to make a big ass wall of 1x1 for use in an event for a mural when it turns into a 1x5x12

But what if people are trying to make a design with there "1x1's"

But what if people are trying to make a design with there "1x1's"

or it might just make it into a giant baseplate block.

but dont group the wrong things or youll have concaveness and therefore loads of problems, or you could just use bigger bricks and when you dont have a perfectly fitting brick, make one like i do.

Didn't Blockland V002 come with an object called the Editor Wand or something like that which allowed you to change a bricks shape?

Didn't Blockland V002 come with an object called the Editor Wand or something like that which allowed you to change a bricks shape?
Yes but the way bricks are now, they are locked to a grid (for rendering and such purposes) and cannot be edited in such a way.

The reason you have a brick menu is to choose a brick, I don't want to build a 4x2 wall then have it turn into 12x2. Idea doesn't work, stop being lazy and just manually do it. How ever 1 thing that could work is if you place 2 bricks side by side that are exactly the same, instead of 2 faces that are connecting it would transform into 1 face cutting the lag in half, though would be a nightmare to make so its not worth it.

instead of 2 faces that are connecting it would transform into 1 face cutting the lag in half
Actually that would be 1/12th less lag..

Actually that would be 1/12th less lag..

actually i think it might be 3/12 less lag, counting the faces on the sides

The faces that aren't visible from all directions are automaticly removed, you should really F8 into bricks and see for yourself.

I agree, welding bricks would be an awesome feature.

This idea was my suggestion for the redone trench wars mod.