Author Topic: The next Need For Speed game, half-returns to its roots.  (Read 1078 times)

This is the first NFS game I have seen where the camera is in the car, and is track-based since High Stakes.

I also noticed that the cars did not have level 4 hydraulics, a stereo system in the back, or hot pink neon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUYkkVbyj3U&fmt=22

Actually getting a bit hyped.

huh, none since UG2 had hydraulics, a stereo system, or neon.

huh, none since UG2 had hydraulics, a stereo system, or neon.

I didn't say all of them did. But Jesus, Underground 2 was the worst pile of stuff I have ever played. Most Wanted was okay, but it was so repetitive that the game got old within a week.

Lookin' pretty bad-ass so far. Amazing graphics too.

NFS will never be good ever again.

Because the last good one was Hot Pursuit 2, because it didn't have anything other than racing. They started getting dreadfully boring, with half-assed storylines and ridiculous car parts. It was more about having a good looking car than it was about racing or some stuff.

Because the last good one was Hot Pursuit 2, because it didn't have anything other than racing. They started getting dreadfully boring, with half-assed storylines and ridiculous car parts. It was more about having a good looking car than it was about racing or some stuff.

You don't buy a racing game for a story. The Underground series was the most ridiculous with its customization, but aside from that, it was fine. Besides vinyls and all that other stuff, that is.

Hot Pursuit 2 was a lot of fun, but gets a bit boring after a while because it is repetitive. This goes for all racing games. They are trying to make it a bit more interesting by giving you the option of customizing your car, which somewhat works.

You don't buy a racing game for a story.
My point exactly.

Well, obviously it's not a bad idea to add a story to it, I actually like how there a story in toca series.

Didn't EA say the Need For Speed franchise has come to an end or something.

Yeah, I actually posted that thread.

Huh from EA as usual, my "Nice game concept, too bad it splashed due to stuffty game designing" senses are tingling