Author Topic: HALP: Computer booting up, restarting, and Monitor=no signal  (Read 4277 times)

Ok I unplugged both dvd drive and hard drive. No beeps at all.
Also gpu fan is working perfectly.

So does this mean my motherboard is dead?

I bet it will, mine did.  My computer didn't beep either.

If it does not have that it will NOT beep. NO MATER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY IT WILL.

The display just shows the error code.

Ok I unplugged both dvd drive and hard drive. No beeps at all.
Also gpu fan is working perfectly.

So does this mean my motherboard is dead?

No. Need more info. Can you put the card in another slot and see if it will work?

I believe so.  Hope it's no problem and you can return it, I need to try to return my dead one.
Also, jord, what motherboard doesn't have the beep thing?  Most cases include them too.

I believe so.  Hope it's no problem and you can return it, I need to try to return my dead one.
Also, jord, what motherboard doesn't have the beep thing?  Most cases include them too.

Asus usually leaves them off. They have a space marked on the board itself but without the piece there, it wont do stuff.
Cases rarely have SPEAKERS. The motherboard will most likely will be unable to use it durring POST

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:16:36 PM by jordguitar »

I can't plug the PCIE-2 card in another slot as I don't have any other pcie-2 slots.

I have a PCIE slot, would that work?

Asus usually leaves them off. They have a space marked on the board itself but without the piece there, it wont do stuff.
Cases rarely have SPEAKERS. The motherboard will most likely will be unable to use it durring POST

Mine did, and my motherboard doesn't have one on it, it just plugs in to the case pins, it's the same size and all. Well, anyways, check if there's a speaker on the mobo, if not, I dunno.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:20:06 PM by Marcem »

PCI Express
Year created:    2004
Created by:    Intel
Width in bits:    1-32
Number of devices:    1 per slot
Capacity    Per lane:

* v1.x: 250 MB/s
    * v2.0: 500 MB/s
    * v3.0: 1 GB/s

So yes

Mine did, and my motherboard doesn't have one on it, it just plugs in to the case pins, it's the same size and all. Well, anyways, check if there's a speaker on the mobo, if not, I dunno.

I already checked, no beeper.

Whoa, wait, you guys are brothers?  Huh, so that's why you're so similar.

I never knew I was similar to my brother Jordguitar.

I checked my mobo, no speakers, but there was a cable running from the front end of the case and on the head it said AUDIO. But it has never made a sound either way.

How can I diagnose my motherboard?

Whoa, wait, you guys are brothers?  Huh, so that's why you're so similar.

No I looked on the internet. Asus mass produces their stuff and does not make little changes to one or two.

I checked my mobo, no speakers, but there was a cable running from the front end of the case and on the head it said AUDIO. But it has never made a sound either way.

You guys aren't brothers?  If you aren't someone on here is, I think, I saw a Yabber post saying they were your brother, and it was a Blocklander. The audio cable is just for audio case ports.

Plug speakers into back of mobo and turn on and up.

Only have video card hooked up to the mobo. Hard drive should stay off. If it powers up but refuses to display something then it would point to the video card. If you got a spare one I would try that one.

If monitor has a no signal thing on it when it isnt receiving stuff, that would be a plus.

You guys aren't brothers?  If you aren't someone on here is, I think, I saw a Yabber post saying they were your brother, and it was a Blocklander.

The audio cable is just for audio case ports.
No, none of my brothers go onto Blockland.

Oh that makes sense, I see what you mean.

Plug speakers into back of mobo and turn on and up.
Can't I use headphones?
Only have video card hooked up to the mobo. Hard drive should stay off. If it powers up but refuses to display something then it would point to the video card. If you got a spare one I would try that one.
But if it refuses to display something no matter what video card, then it would be Mobo fault?
If monitor has a no signal thing on it when it isnt receiving stuff, that would be a plus.
What?