Author Topic: How do I make a sounds addon?  (Read 681 times)

Can anyone help me tell me what I need to make a sounds addon?

have not made any but i think that you take a mp3 file and downsize it into a small clip of the song, upload it into the manager, but since i have not done it i guess you must wait untill someone else can answer that...

I only know how to put music into blockland, but I would like to know how I can put sounds in so I can use them in events.

probably the same thing, but again never done it wish i could help but if you can get a sound effect and convert it to a accepted file it is probably the same thing...

First of all to make this easier for you, Download my sound making Starters kit here:

Then have your sound in .wav format.

Go ahead and put your sound in the new .zip file you just downloaded.

Now OPEN UP the new .zip file you just downloaded, and you should see your sound, a server.cs, and a description.txt

Go into the server.cs file using a text editor, (usually notepad) and change all of the text that says SOUNDNAME to the name of your sound.

Here is an Example

This is how it starts.

Code: [Select]
datablock AudioProfile(SOUNDNAME_Sound)
{
filename = "./SOUNDNAME.wav";
description = AudioClosest3d;
preload = false;
};

Now this is what you awnt to change it to, say i had a sound called thunder splash.

datablock AudioProfile(thunder_splash_Sound)
{
filename = "./thunder splash.wav";
description = AudioClosest3d;
preload = false;
};

Make sure that when you put down your name of the .wav file in the server.cs, it is the same as the sound file you have in your zip folder.

NOW we can save the server.cs, and replace the server.cs file in the zip file if necessary, unless it saves into the zip folder automaticly.

Lets move along to the description.txt

For god's sake, a 6 year old should be able to do this simple change.

Before you change it...

Title: SOUNDNAME
Author: YOURNAME
SHORT DESCRIPTION GOES HERE

Go ahead and change it to your sound name. In this case, mine is thunder splash.

Title: Thunder splash
Author: Sword99
A Pretty cool thunder sound hitting watter.

Now you can save and replace the description file.

Now there is one last thing we have to do, CHANGE THE ZIP FILE NAME!!!

MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS TOO!

the .zip file you downloaded should be called, Sound_SOUNDNAME.zip

change SOUNDNAME to the name of your sound.

so for me i would say,

Sound_Thunder_Splash.zip

NOW you can finally put it in your Add-ons folder, and use it. If you have any problems with the sound, CHECK THE FOLLOWING

did you name everything correctly?
Is your sound in .wav Format?
Is your sound file named correctly in the server.cs?
Is your Description named corectly?
Is your ZIP FILE NAMED CORRECTLY?
Is it even in your Add-ons Folder?

DID YOU ENABLE YOUR SOUND?

Why can't we Edit in the Help forums?! here is the link for the sound starters kit. i forgot to put it in up at the top. sorry

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2i2nemro4jk

Dude, just open a sound already made and figure it out, thats how i learned.

The way I did it is if they want to make a full production and know WHAT to change. What I did was taking my part in acually HELPING somone. and why did you bump this? Its been taken care of anyways.