Author Topic: (Tutorial) How To Port Forward On a Mac  (Read 60791 times)

So the way he forwarded in the tutorial isn't port forwarding it to 28032? And ok, I will try to work with my firewall if I have one. (I'll have to find out)

So the way he forwarded in the tutorial isn't port forwarding it to 28032? And ok, I will try to work with my firewall if I have one. (I'll have to find out)
Ehhh, it depends which guide you follow, some older guides say you need 28000-28030 (v7-9?) some say 28000-28032(v9-v11?) some say to do the ammount you intend to have server slots for and some say only 28000(which I believe is the currently required one).

But yeah, your computer will most likely have a firewall installed on it; I recommend asking your parents (if it is not you who installed everything and set the computer up) what it is and where to access it. The chances are you will be able to access it from the tray icons (bottom right(Windows PCs)), if you don't know of a firewall installed, the chances are Windows firewall is running (again Windows specific).

Ehhh, it depends which guide you follow, some older guides say you need 28000-28030 (v7-9?) some say 28000-28032(v9-v11?) some say to do the ammount you intend to have server slots for and some say only 28000(which I believe is the currently required one).

But yeah, your computer will most likely have a firewall installed on it; I recommend asking your parents (if it is not you who installed everything and set the computer up) what it is and where to access it. The chances are you will be able to access it from the tray icons (bottom right(Windows PCs)), if you don't know of a firewall installed, the chances are Windows firewall is running (again Windows specific).

Thanks for all the help. I made blockland "an exception" but it still isn't working for some reason. I might try forwarding it to just 28000 instead of the others.

How do you open airport settings?

I ment airport utility. Sorry about double post. :/

I ment airport utility. Sorry about double post. :/
look at the top right of ur screen. click the maginifying glass/spot light icon and in the text box type airport utility. i would be the first one or the "top hit". select that and ur in... any more questions?

I still can't get this port forward thing to work! Gaa!

I still can't get this port forward thing to work! Gaa!

I can't either. It's harder than it looks.

Um... I have Ethernet I hope that's not a problem...

Ok heres what i tried to do:

1. Go into Airport Utilities

2. Click on "Advanced"

Then up at the top where "Port Mapping" is supposed to be, there's only 3 options: Statistics, IPv6, and Mobile Me. There is no "Port Mapping" option. So i search for it and one of the options is Port Mapping, so I clicked it and nothing happened. Did I do something wrong??

how do i open AirPort i have a macbook pro :panda:

how do i open AirPort i have a macbook pro :panda:

See the little spyglass up in the right hand corner of your screen? Click on that and search AirPort Utility.

This looks so easy, it makes me wish I had wireless internet. :/