Author Topic: Army Men Mod(Soldier now Available.)[closed]  (Read 48921 times)

This looks awesome :o
I cant wait :D

dark i think the medic should just have the medic packs in the zombie mod exept diffrent and shouldent run out (when used it throws on to floor the ally picks up and heals)
"uhh...  help me... I'm dying... I can hardly move..."  "Run over there and grab a medkit off the floor."  "But I can't run..." "Shut up."

That, my good friend, is my job.

offtopic: what the forget is snip?

offtopic: what the forget is snip?

...wow. instead of quoting something really long and taking up lots of space, you put "-snip-" instead.

I have never seen a map like that. Finialy, a map that looks like a normal house, thus making your blocko plastic figurines look like toys. Good Job, we need more maps like this.

"uhh...  help me... I'm dying... I can hardly move..."  "Run over there and grab a medkit off the floor."  "But I can't run..." "Shut up."

doouce the medic can run over to him and throw it to him -_-

I'm having second thoughts on weapons in this pack. Its kind of strange if we have tans running around with green guns, but also strange if everybody runs around with gray guns. Guns that do thesame thing as all the other bl guns. Just look different.

I think i'll leave the guns out for this, but thats just items. What i was thinking is 2 keys that you can keybind for the army man's primary and secondary attack. You use those same 2 keys for each of the player types but you have different things each of the player types do. Like maybe the medic takes out his syringe, but its not ACTUALLY an item he's carrying. They can still carry items though.

I'll need somebody to script that, I don't think it'll be too hard.

What I was also thinking is when you press f to zoom, the guy plays an animation of him taking out binoculars.

i have an idea make the normal gun with no color and make a script when picked up by the color of that team it will change color?

i have an idea make the normal gun with no color and make a script when picked up by the color of that team it will change color?

and what exactly will that script be.

I have never seen a map like that. Finialy, a map that looks like a normal house, thus making your blocko plastic figurines look like toys. Good Job, we need more maps like this.

its not a map though, its not made in torque constructor so i can't put it in. I made it and textured in blender, most things i didn't make though like the couch and the toys and stuff. And right now exporting to .map and importing in torque then exporting to dif for ingame doesn't work for some reason because i get some texture error and it won't show up. Even if I didn't get the error it would be missing alot of stuff in torque constructor, because there's too many smooth parts.

I made the map for the trailer.

and what exactly will that script be.

i have no knoledge of scripting ask a good scripter

(it was just an idea eny way)

i have no knoledge of scripting ask a good scripter

(it was just an idea eny way)

well if we could do that we would've already done it.

also, new class:

Sniper, and this guy can actually crouch down.

One more class to go, and i'm going to be working on their weapons. Then i'm going to be making them have their weapons mounted to his back or wherever, and when he takes it out it unmounts it but plays an animation of him taking it out from thesame spot it was before.

One more class to go, and i'm going to be working on their weapons. Then i'm going to be making them have their weapons mounted to his back or wherever, and when he takes it out it unmounts it but plays an animation of him taking it out from thesame spot it was before.
Like I said earlier, just make the guns part of the player models and integrate the weapon scripts to work with the player models (guns = blank models, adjust the muzzlepoint to be at the right place of the armready animation). That way the guns remain the same colour as the player.

Like I said earlier, just make the guns part of the player models and integrate the weapon scripts to work with the player models (guns = blank models, adjust the muzzlepoint to be at the right place of the armready animation). That way the guns remain the same colour as the player.

yea not a while ago i realized what you meant, cause i was thinking about this. I guess i could try it. What i was going to do is have the weapon a different item, and have it mount the player and when he takes it out i animate the mount0 bone. I'll try this method and see how it works.

edit: sweet, worked. and shoots out of the right spot.

runs around like this:

Plays an animation of him taking it out, shoots like this:

and as you can see you can colour it whatever you want.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:14:54 PM by DarkStar »