Poll

Should we have a turret that AUTOMATICALLY shoots at people?

GOD, YES!
26 (74.3%)
Mmm, sure
3 (8.6%)
Dunno/Don't care
1 (2.9%)
Mmm, Nah
0 (0%)
GOD, NO!
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Could we have a Sentry Gun?  (Read 2291 times)

Not really... We have a tank, and we have machineguns.

This would be an automatic turret. By that, I mean it would automatically shoot at nearby players within a certain radius, not just a player-controlled rapid-fire turret.

Not really... We have a tank, and we have machineguns.
Think of it as this;

An item classed as a vehicle (If possible) Or just an equipable 1-time-use item, which you place down.
It could work with Space Guys TDM Add-On
It is set for a certain team
It is possible to pick it up with the Gravity gun Add-On
You pick it up and go and place it on the ground in a defensive area (In "capture the flag style" games)
Any enemies that come in a certain radius, it fires upon.
It has a set health (probably about 50-70) and once it is blown up it respawn from the respawn brick
It must be re-picked up to be activated again.

That might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it sure is an idea that i want now.mIm just imagining it as similar to the turrets in Half-Life 2, and Portal.

@ sir dooble

What you said was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It could be like the HL2 one, but not the Portal one.
It's voice clips can be annoying. -_-

It would probably be completely classed as a vehicle though.

Yeah, i wouldn't want voice clips on them. I dont really like sound files being near-constantly played on a vehicle. Thats why im not too fond of the Train-Box Vehicle by Kalphiter. Also i personally would prefer them in a shape more similar to the Portal ones, Rounded and slightly bulbous. THe Half-Life 2 ones just look too thin and slightly too menacing.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:03:47 PM by sir dooble »

@ sir dooble

They would look good as a TF2 styled sentry. But it might have some issues. A custom one might be best, so it wouldn't make people spam more TF2 stuff. :/

(Man I feel stupid...) BUMP :panda:

this is definately something i want to play with.

i'll go ask nix if he wants to help or something

i actually think i would prefer TF2 turrets over portal turrets.portal turrets in BL wouldn't have the cute voice,and that would just make them boring and monotonous.but a TF2 turret,you can upgrade and take down!

@ MEEKL!!!

Multiple times here, it was said that the turret would be like a TF2 sentry. You still have a point though. Anyways, the turret could not be upgradeable, but it COULD be made in three separate models. But then, to upgrade it you'd need a new event......

EDIT: I made a request about it, it's been locked as I learned it was default... Sometimes I act so stupid.:panda:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:47:26 AM by Pliny the Younger »

GRAHHHAGRAH!
YABBA MY BUMPIE! AGGH!  :cookieMonster:

<Horrible singing>

BUUUMP! =P

Bump. =/

An Edit has been added to the topic.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:06:10 PM by Pliny the Younger »